A knat in my ear ...

shellyd67

While on spring break, I have not medicated difficult child.

Partially because he is sleeping later than normal and partially because it is such a struggle on a non school day.

Needless to say, I am spent !

My days have been as follows:

100 questions atleast per day about 10 or 15 different subjects ( usually things he cannot process correctly)

100 redirections altleast per day

100 bouts of nagging in my ear about something or other (usually McDonald's, )
(Star if you see this post LOL)

100 arguments with easy child a day (he starts on her and picks at her just as much when he can)

The impulsiveness and hyperactivity are off the hook.

Yeah, I know why the H*LL didn't I medicate his butt ?

BIG GIANT SIGH ....

crazymama30

You are braver than I, I would not go without medicating difficult child son on spring break. On this spring break? I got mixed up as to when psychiatrist was out of town and we were going to run out of vyvanse. I called our family doctor, and she prescribed one month for us when I explained the situation. The nurse was sure to tell me that they were going to let psychiatrist know, and I know they have to, and I did not care! No way did I want him to not have his stimulant!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, specials orders don't upset us - all we ask is that you lettuce serve you your way.
Have it YOUR way - AT BURGER KING - Have it YOUR way AT BURGER KING -

NOT AT MY HOUSE YOU DING A LING -----------

lah lah lahhhhhhhh lahhhhhhh mmmmm mmmmmm mhhhhhhhh mhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

shellyd67

:rofl: Star, I knew you would have a great response to Mickey D's ... Oh by the way, tomorrow little man is taking his medications or Mommy is going to be in the looney bin !!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
The last time I went to the therapist - I told the guy - "YOU have GOT to write a prescription for SOMETHING, ANYTHING - I don't care what it is for but ONE of us (motioning to me and Dude) is leaving here with a script of SOME KIND for nerves or hyperactivity, and if you don't want to give one to him? Then you can write one for ME!" I was not kidding. So stone cold sober he looks at me kinda like a Cheshire cat and says nearly condescending... "Well what would YOU like to have?" And right back at him I said "Well I'm not picky but whatever you prescribe you better make it a suppository because all I hear from my kid is shove it up your AXX Mom." and with that? As serious as he could? - He got out his little pad and got me a prescription for some anti-anxiety medications and Antidepressants. In print at the bottom? It said (not kidding) TABLET ONLY.

I guess that was his best attempt at humor.

So enjoy your medications!

shellyd67

This morning husband took his medications up to his room and handed it over with a nice glass of milk to wash it down ! MUCH BETTER TODAY ! :beautifulthing:

KTMom91

Brings back memories of the days when Miss KT's previous doctor insisted we not medicate on weekends or school vacations. Is your difficult child also INCREDIBLY LOUD? I swear I needed earplugs for a normal conversation.

H

HaoZi

Oy, I panic when Kiddo runs low on her medications even when I know we'll be back at doctor before they run out and even though this doctor's office is MUCH better about making sure the script is written out so the insurance will pay and sends it over electronically to the pharmacy so it will kick back to doctor's office if there's any problem and they can correct it and it's used filled about the time we get back to town from doctor (usually right after we turn into the apartment complex, about 3 minutes after we passed the pharmacy, lol).

That was a seriously run on sentence, can you hear the anxiety just thinking about it?