A little good news.......

S

Signorina

*:·..·:*Congratulations*¨¨*:·..·:*

Good news all the way around!!!! Yay!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Starbie....you're our gal! :congratualtions: We ALL knew you could do this. We also knew there was NO way badwill was going to win their case against you. They were wrong, wrong, wrong and their day is coming even more then they got now. Good people prevail in the end. Sometimes it just takes time, patience and persistence (and lots of warrior moms banding behind you) to get through the hurdle.

I really am SO happy for you (and you know this). All good things. New baby....proud Grandma who's life is going to be pretty complete soon enough. I know there is at least one more thing for it to be total but you know.....time lady...time...it MIGHT just happen....stranger things have occurred.

Such a great post today to come home and read after the day, weekend I've had. I really needed some good news!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, you're one of those amazing folks who just can't be held down! Congrats to you-on all counts! Regards to DF on his knee recovery. Giant hugs! I'm so happy for you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
IIIIIIIII have the MOST AMAZING friends in the whole. wide. world. :starplucker:

Okay reason #1 for not returning phone calls - and these are not excuses -----they are legitimate reasons (or so says the woman with bags under her eyes and midol in her hands, and a flower pot in the other and LaChoy canned chinese dinner under her armpit, and the dogs medicine on a butterknife with peanut butter on the end in her fingers, and a phone up to her ear trying to get the nursing home on the line, and DF in the den asking for just one, MORE. thing. (oh but don't bother I see you're a LITTLE busy) :villagewrong:..and the :fellforit: village idiot dog running around with my underpants in her mouth that she got out of the laundry basket for the 13th time, dashing out the back door, the dog door and into the great wide unknown to have herself a self-imposed snack of Hanes and indigestion yet again. While DF barks out yet another request for OH Can I get you to do me ONE. LITTLE. FAVOR? Cant he see.......I have peanut butter on my work shirt, and I've watered the LaChoy Chinese dinner and placed it on the kitchen shelf next to the Aloe plant, and now I'm starting to cook the Pothos with sliced potatos, and D)#%()*&) dog with another pair of nazzy old unner-ware....O(H JUST EAT THEM......I don't care......Your new Indian name is Lackka-Wanna-Tastebud. Done deal......
YES HONEY - I'm getting that. YES dear - I know you are in pain...YES snookums I have that pillow I'm going to smother you with....hehehe. Ahem.....Right here dearest. (PLLLLLLLOP) OH and NOW you're worried about your MAN CAVE being clean?? For the nurses????? SERIOUSLY????? :vacuumsm:and I can slip that in AFTER I finish the ........Well where did I put the Lachoy??? OH great.....Lil lackkawanna is in here again....and you need Another diet sprite, and I have to study for the most important test or I don't get the job......and I have to pack a lunch and none of the shopping for my lunches is done, and the yard needs mowed, and the garden needs weeded, and the van needs gas for tomorrow, and your WHAT doesn't have WHAT? Wheelchair needs it's thingys? I bet lackawanaa hauled those off too....In the laundry room? NO problem....Right after I finish vacuuming UGLY stepmother.......and OH they DID call in your prescriptions can I drive back into town and get them TONIGHT??????? SUREEEEEEEEEE I need the break...no problem and theyre HOW FRAKING MUCH???? Becaues you didn't aske the old folks home for freebies???? YOU WERE EMBARRASSED? :kickme:

Yeah........and did I remember to get stamps????? Pay the bills? Oh the electric company....WHAT ???????? YOU NEED THE RUGS PICKED UP???? WATER THE DOGS????? FEED THE CAT?????? OH MY GAWD......YOU DID WHAT? WATERED THE CAT????? GET THE MOP???????? WHY? OH I see why.....you can't carry a cat waterbowl and use a walker...walk on a busted knee and ........Just never mind.........

Yup - paid the bill......that one too........Oh here's the phone it's your mom....your sister.......your other sister......your mom again........

And this was in three hours............SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Not that I'm not busy - or anything........but this has been going on day after day after day------------

And if I get a chance? Except for the underwear part? I'm going to make like o'l whatser name......and shoot out that dog door.......like my tail was on fire.

The next surgery is his other eye? And I swear to you? I'm going to plan my own surgery .......or mystery illness ..........or something.

All in all? I know I'm blessed. But GOD LOVE A NURSE!!!!!!! BECAUSE I AM NOT ONE. AND HE KNOWS IT. I'm more of a honey badger /nurse ratchett.....type of caregiver...and I hope he can appreciate my passion for other interests.....GAWD someone save me.....

So Janet as much as I love you - and our 4 hour marathon conversations? If I can fit you in between Kool aid and cats water? I would love - but I'm a little strapped for time and REALLY crabby right now.

Not much of a conversationalist. Just call and ask Mr. T......He'll tell you - I think he'd rather be back at the rehab place with the horrid nurses, awful service, and forgetful caregivers......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awww major ((((hugs)))) Starbie.

You can hit me for it later but I :rofl: all through your post. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. It reminded me too much of my nursing school days.:runcirclsmiley2: I can laugh now because those days are over........somewhat.

But then I had to go adopt Maggie. And I think someone fibbed about her parentage somewhere........and while she's pretty darn awesome in a ton of different ways.......she also likes to swim in anything with water in it. Seriously, I'm beginning to think she's part fish. It makes for soggy floors and Mom literally having her computer chair fall over with her in it to land PLOP on the floor. Then she turns on her "I'm so vicious" mode.......and inbetween ouches and trying to dodge very sharp puppy teeth clapping down onto hive covered skin.......I finally found a way to shut it off, tell her NO and stand and turn my back on her. Distraction and redirection doesn't work very well sometimes. And then there is fishing her OUT of the litter box 90 times a day. (tell me what IS the appeal??)

So your lil girl pup stealing Mommy's undies just about split my sides wide open. :rofl: :rofl:

Go to the store and take your time and catch a break........pick up something yummy for lunches. (kroger has bologna 10 / 10 this week) I hope husband recovers quickly. This also reminds me of when mother in law had her eyes done.........and I had 3 kids at home plus kaitie, kayla and alex.........and I wished they'd have just done both eyes at once and got it over with. :faint:

Hang in there.

Mom2oddson

I have lackawanna's sister at my house! Bella LOVES to steal and destroy underwear! And since Steph moved into the downstairs dog room (the one with the doggie door), it's mostly her underwear that is getting stolen. I hide mine on the bottom of the laundry basket until wash day, that way Bella is distracted with husband's if she goes into our laundry basket.

Bella's other favorite past-time is going into the bathroom and grabbing the TP and stringing it through the house. Got to love 4-legged toddlers.

You'll get through this with flying colors! Hope you find some quiet time.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can help you with Maggs - In the cat box........sprinkle ADOLPHS meat tenderizer on the cat tootsies........something about the taste of adolphs and poo makes them NOT like to eat poo. Also you may want to have her checked for hook worms. A lot of times when they are poo eaters it means they are a lacking in nutrients and need vitamins. Sometimes it just means they like it.

As for lackawanna and the great underpants raid of 2012? I stopped at the good will, got some used but clean unnerwares......put hotsauce in the crotch and left them on the floor of the bedroom. So far? She dashed out with them....hah ha ha ha ah says she.........then.......WO WO WO WO Wow where is the water????? And pity said I - was in the process of draining the pool and had shut the door to the house.

Never seen a dog rub its tongue on the grass.......like a beagle on a trail - PDF...............pretty danged funny. (author notes it was NOT daves insanity sauce, just regular old hot sauce)

Since then? My unnerwares have not been tampered with. She walks by....and the laundry basket is UNmolested.