A Little she's-so-close-to-easy child update on Duckie

tiredmommy

I'm posting this here because she hasn't been very difficult child-like this summer. Really. She's done really well recently despite fighting being overtired from too much fun, lol. She's still ***too*** clingy for my liking (doesn't like me out of her sight) and rather scattered (but she's sleep deprived too). But she's mostly doing well. She even seems to be able to adjust her attitude fairly quickly when pointed out to her.

So... she's been having fun. Went on vacation with husband & I to spend time with her cousins from out-of-state. Been to the drive-in a few times. Has had friends over to play and swim. Went to friends to play & swim. Had sleep-overs. Loves her new frogs, even though we discovered that they are, in her words. (gulp!) "married". She's played with her friend from AZ: they use the audio from Skype to talk and go on Build-A-Bearville together. She plays her DSi, listens to music on her Nano, is currently reading two books and has been drawing in her sketch book like crazy. Her room is trashed, lol. She been preparing her own lunch and breakfast most days.

She started rehearsals this week in a local company's production of the Wizard of Oz as a munchin and hopes to get a second role as a flying monkey. This is good because she has been very self-conscious about singing in front of others. She decided to stop cheer... said it wasn't fun anymore and the only thing she liked about it last year was wearing the uniform to school on spirit day. She's still swimming and she's decided to try dance again. Tap, specifically. She's looking forward to learning viola this year for orchestra. She'll be a Junior Girl Scout this year.

She's doing vacation bible school this week and goes to girl scout day camp next week. She'll go to art camp the following week.

I don't know when we got to this point. But lately she's been passing for normal or even above-average. I'm happy (for now). :thumbsup:

susiestar

Roll With It
What a wonderful update!! Let her know that this Board Aunties is proud of her good behavior and of all that she is learning and accomplishing. She is growing up to be an exceptional young lady.

tiredmommy

Thanks R & W! You know, she's probably going to have one heck of a blow-up today once the board curse gets ahold of her! :hammer:

tiredmommy

She's back!!!!
The board curse has struck again! She has become rude & sullen since Friday. We attended a parade party yesterday and she never even acknowledged the other children, was difficult and demanding while attending a local field day event, took over 3 hours to do 20 minutes of tidying in her room today and was so mean to my neighbor's daughter that the girl left in tears within a few minutes of arriving. She's lost her DSi and computer privileges and has very limited television privileges at this point. She seems wound pretty tight now, like she needs a good cry or something. She knows she will be blocked from attending one or both of the parties she's been invited to for next weekend if the behavior and/or attitude continues. I'm really glad she starts art day camp tomorrow so I'll have a break from her...

Her world has just gotten very small...

Lothlorien

Darn! I was just about to post how great it was and that I was a little teensy envious, since Missy has been falling apart for a few months now. I'm sorry things didn't go well this weekend, but I'm sure things will improve. She's a good kid!

tiredmommy

Thanks, Loth. I know this doesn't seem like terrible stuff, just kind of low-level difficult child. But it is constant. We've had a non-stop bad attitude since about 7:30 on Friday night. It's the sort of stuff that wears you down, Know what I mean?? Sorry to hear about Missy. I hope that she can do better quickly. {{{Hugs}}}.