A little support needed

everywoman

Five minutes ago, at 2:00, Pcdaughter left to go to the state capitol to take her military physcial. After 6 months of research and debating, she has decided to join the ANG. She will go Active first---fulltime army for four years. She hopes to train as an MP. She will probably be DQ'd because of previous knee surgery and have to get a waiver. She may also have to get one because of a simple assault charge filed by her ex----(he grabbed her arm, wouldn't let go when she wanted to leave, so she slapped him on the head---she left---he filed charges.)
I want her to be able to do what she wants---but I'm also scared to death. I won't know anything until tomorrow night or Thursday. She will have to stay an extra day and be seen by an army ortho for her leg.:confused: I don't know whether to be sad, proud, or worried.

everywoman

Thanks JoG. While she is a easy child---she is a most stubborn young lady. She always has been very independent. But...she is my baby...my princess. And she is spoiled rotten to boot....but she swears this is what she wants.

Like JoG, I would be very scared too!!! I think I would be sad, proud and worried all at once. My easy child is still too young to go out on her own. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. I'm keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts... WFEN

everywoman

Thanks WFEN and Steely. I really need all ths support I can get. I'm on the phone with her now. It's hard to imagine my little 4'11" dancer in army fatigues.

DammitJanet

Hey EW...I will be holding good thoughts for you. Im pretty sure she can get waivers for both things. Here is hoping that she can get that MP MOS. I have a special place in my heart for those MP's...lol. Is she sure she wouldnt rather go Marines? Maybe she could go stay near Jamie and guard generals...lmao!

skeeter

Be proud of her! No matter what the outcome.
And sure, pray and be scared and worried too - you ARE a mom, after all.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
sad, proud, or worried

You'll be all those things no matter how hard you try not to be sad or to worry. But most of all you'll be darn proud of her. And this board auntie is too. Takes alot of courage to do what she's doing.

Hugs

everywoman

Janet---She is too scared to go Marines--lol! But she would love guarding generals, I'm sure.
Skeeter--I am all three---thanks.
Susie--She is something that girl of mine.
Lisa---Thanks. I'm a little proud myself.

She was a little down when she got there. Knew no one. All alone. She said she felt like a loser eating by herself. I called to tell her goodnight---her roomie had arrived, " a really cool chick from Florence" and they were outside talking to some "dudes". That's my girl!!! LOL.

DammitJanet

EW...if you talk to her again tell her that its perfectly normal to be scared and worried. My big bad Marine cried when he left us at MEPS heading down to boot. Heck...he cried lots of times...lol. Shhhh though...dont tell him I told you that.

I hope all her dreams come true. I really do. The military can be a fantastic way of getting them started.