A lovely day with Tink

I was not looking forward to yesterday.

Yesterday, my mom had a garage sale. She had asked me at the beginning of the summer if I would help her with it when the time came.

I *HATE* garage sales.

I mentioned it to my neighbor, who said "OMG I LOVE garage sales! I'll help her!"

And so the new plans were put into motion. My neighbor was gone from 6-6 yesterday. And I was taking care of her 8 month old twins.

I love those babies, and I thoroughly enjoyed having them for the day, but it is absolutely non-stop work. It seemed like I would just be finishing one feeding and it was time for the next. And they took turns pooping every hour on the hour. Oh, it's poop O'Clock, time to change the girl. Oops, now it's poop O'Clock, time to change the boys.

At one point I took a 5 minutes micronap. Tink was on the blanket on the floor with the babies. The boy, who is much bigger than the girl, kept scooting over to the girl and grabbing at her face and hair. Tink went and got every spare blanket we had and rolled them up, then laid them side by side on the blanket that the babies were laying on. She had the boy on one side and the girl on the other. They could still see and talk to eachother (OMG it is so cute to watch them do that) but he could not get over the hump of blankets. When I woke up and saw it I just beamed. I thought that was so clever!

And she even changed the girl's diaper (no, not a pooper). First time ever. I was SO proud of how much she helped me with those babies.

Tink and I ended the day with an evening swim at the pool. It was just wonderful.

Star*

call 911........call 911
THat thing Tink did with the blankets? Brilliant! I'm glad she was a helper and not a pooper too!

(forgive me it seems the board has gone to subjective spurts regarding the sanctity of poop and freezing poop, and feeling like poop)

Sounds like she really pitched in.

jannie

trying to survive....
What a nice way to wake up from a mini-nap--:D It sounds like you were really busy...I think I would have opted for the garage sale;)
Tink seems to have a natural instict to "mothering"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like you and Tink had alot of fun, even if the twins wore the two of you out. lol :D

What a stroke of genius she had with the blankets! Way To Go Tink!! :D

We have our annual Yard Sale scheduled for next weekend. We always make loads of money. Because everyone contributes and the money gets divided between easy child, Nichole, and myself.

BUT somehow it always works out that I wind up actually working the sale while easy child finds a million other little things to do (like check the signs 20 times) and Nichole is chasing the grands.

And it's always at MY house. We tried it at easy child's house, but her street doesn't attract customers. On my street they come in droves.

If it weren't for the money (and all the stuff sitting in storage in my family room) I'd tell the girls to forget it this year. I hate doing the darn thing.:tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
Tink is a natural with kids. What a wonderful idea with the blankets. Give her a special hug from Auntie Susie! I forsee LOTS of $$ made babysitting in her future. Just make sure she thinks boys are gross in her teens!!

What a great thing to wake up from the micronap to see. I remember micronaps when my kids were babies.

Hugs to BBK also!

klmno

What Susie said!! Little Mommy in the making- HUH- I guess that means you've been doing a great job!! And, I agree- she's a natural!! Maybe it was nice to have babies who are still innocent and cuddly around for a while, too. I could get into that!

I'm glad you had a nice day- and someone helped with the garage sale, but it wasn't you!

M

ML

Much better than the GS! I love going to them however, it's a weakess of mine. I can hardly pass one by without stopping.

Tink is a cool kid.

I bet you slept great afterwards!

ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awww. Good for her. She is such a sweetie. See, just because they try to drive us crazy, or crazier, they do have their moments! Makes us realize why we do all of this.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
BBK,

Sounds like you & Tink had one of those memorable days together. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy that side of your difficult child. There are days we see so little of that in our babies.