A million. No, make it two.

If you had that many guesses, you'd STILL never guess what I did this evening.

First, while Tink and I were visiting with my dad (we were showing off how good we play that Star Wars game on the computer) I get a buzz at the door. It's Matt! "Can you buzz me up?" "umm...ok?"

I buzz him up and he asks if he can talk to me. So I tell Tink so stay in my room with Grandpa while I go out on the patio with Matt. He says he has a favor. Can he borrow my van. Because he's moving out.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ask what prompted it. He says it had been a long time coming, but today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Michelle had surgery last week (bypass). Well let's back up a bit. Matt has not seen his sons in months because they have baseball on the weekends, and it is too far for them to come to his house on a Friday and then get back in time for their games Saturday morning. So since March, when baseball started, the boys have not been coming out to see Matt for their weekend visits. He's been trying to get out there to at least see one of their games, but Michelle won't let him take the car. Too far, too much gas, and to a point I agree with her, but come on. Those are his sons.

Anyways, so she has this surgery last week. Now this coming weekend, the boys have NO games. So they told him they want to come out to see him. He tells Michelle and she flips out. "My house, I'm recooperating, you need to take care of ME, there is no room for them, they will be too rowdy, blah blah blah." He said that's it. Give me all the cr@p you want to give me, but do not mess with my kids.

He asked to use my van to move some of his stuff to his storage unit. I let him. Evidently Michelle saw that he had my van. She called me up blowing a gasket. "Why are you being nice to him? Don't you care about me? He is abandoning me and I just had surgery! I can't even lift the baby! You must be letting him stay there. Nobody is that nice for no reason. Are you SLEPING with him? You are, aren't you??I can't believe you just let him use your van."

I asked her if she called to fight. I told her if she wanted a fight, I'd give her a fight. Then I reminded her that she has a 19 year old son living in her house and why the hell can't HE help with the baby? "Oh, he's spoiled." Hey, not my problem. Tell him to chip in or move out.

After he brought the van back he asked me for a ride to his mom's house. So I took him there. We talked as civilly as we ever have. It was a pleasant car ride.

So now that he has his balls back, maybe talking to him won't be such a hassle? And he can actually BE THERE for his kids?

klmno

WOW! Just remember- he's in a transition. Protect yourself and your kids- emotionally. It is a good thing that he finally woke up, though, and thought about the kids being priority. I read your post on PE- (although I don't post there). Your hands are full and you are struggling with enough right now. You are doing the right things.... HUGS - you have my support!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Holy Moly, you wanna repeat that??? Please? (ok, I'll just re-read it...)

Holy Moly.

Do I see devils ice skating????

F

flutterbee

Holy Cow! He found his cajones!

Wait....does this mean you might actually get some child support now? Or is that still wishful thinking?

How long til girlfriend shows up at your door to see if Matt is staying with you?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yikes! Like your head isn't spinning these past couple of weeks? You wanna put another meatball on that plate?
Well I support ya' and hope this does mean he has his bollas back. I hope at least this will one easier thing in your life! he had better be nice to you, or the ladies of CD are coming for a visit, Miss Recovery Buns also!!!

meowbunny

Wow! It really is amazing that he put his sons before this witch. It is a rare thing. I'm so glad he could stand up to her. Living with his mother may not be fun, but it is a much better solution.

As to you, do be careful with your heart. I know you hold a very large soft spot for him. Just because he moved out doesn't mean that he won't return to her. So, be happy he is free of her at least for now but be careful to just be his friend.

So, does this mean you'll get to see the boys more often once baseball season is over? I bet Tink will love that!

KLMNO - thanks for the support. Yeah, I do have a lot on my plate right now, but I am getting through it.

Shari - LOL, yeah, devils ice skating and having a snowball fight. You know, when we were together, I never EVER tried to make him choose between his kids and me. I embraced them. Michelle, on the other hand, resented them. After awhile, Michelle had Matt by the short hairs and he pretty much had to do her bidding. He lost contact with the oldest son completely because of her.

Not that he was not a willing participant. He's no angel.

Heather, I'm sure hoping it means I will get child support. He FINALLY got a job. He confided in me that he had attempted a couple jobs while he was with her but either his hours were too restricted (because she determined what hours he was available) or she called him too much and he ended up losing it.

I also think at this point there should be no problem with me seeing the boys.

Toto, if he even tries to get nasty, I'll kick his butt.

MB, you are 100% right that I do have a soft spot for the man. But I think that we both know that we make better friends than SOs. He could very well have asked to crash at my place (and we all know where that would have led) but he did not ask and I did not offer. If he goes back to her, that is his business. I do not think he will this time. He got ALL his stuff out of there. And she was SO mad that he used my van (because of course that means we slept together) there is no way she will let him back in the house.

Whatevs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
QUOTE: He could very well have asked to crash at my place (and we all know where that would have led) but he did not ask and I did not offer.

:brokemyheart::check_writer::itching::why::lipstick::crazy2::hellosoldier::clubbing:

That last one - is ME giving you ever gentle reiminders......

Pick one.

Ho boy.

So I called Michelle's number yesterday because I started to have a hunch that Matt was back with her.

She answered, I asked how she was, and she was very short with me. Like she could not be bothered talking to me. Funny, just to days ago she was begging me to help her with the baby because she couldn't do it alone.

Today, I call over there and Matt answers. I laughed and asked him how he enjoyed his short reunion with his ta-das. He did not respond. So I asked about this weekend, and he told me that he was picking up the boys first because there was no room in the car for all of them. "All of you?" I asked. "You, the 2 boys, and Tink, that is 4, you will all fit." Oh, no. Michelle has to be with. Of course. She's got him by the short and curlies again.

So they have to drive out to pick up the boys, drive back, drop them off at her place, then come here and get Tink. I said look, I'm not getting into your business, what you do is up to you, but I really have no idea why you went back there. She got snotty with me on the phone yesterday and she'd better not take her problem with me out on Tink. He assures me that there will not be a problem. I said remember, this is your weekend with the kids, not to play gofer when she needs you to take care of her. Well she grabbed the phone from him and called me a B and a C and hung up on me.

Oh, yeah she did.

He calls me back and is trying to gloss everything over. I said you know what, forget it. My kid does not need to be around that kind of behavior. I said I don't know what her issue is with me, but just a few days ago, SHE was the one who called ME up crying and now she has a problem with me. What's up with that? She's the "C". Well she grabbed the phone again and said if I ever called her that again, I would not be allowed to talk to Matt on her phone. And hung up on me again.

I mean, come on.

SO I called back and this time asked to talk to her. But she would not get on the phone. Whatever. I told Matt that I knew that Beefcake would have a cellphone with him, and that JM (his mom) instructed him to call me if there were any problems over there. If there are, I will be going to pick up all 3 kids. He said fine. And the whole time I can hear her pissing & moaning in the background.

Sigh.

meowbunny

Had to find this after seeing your comments in PE. Had missed the update that he was back and again lost his cojones. What a shame.

I actually feel sorry for Michelle. Can you imagine being that insecure that you have to control a man with THINGS? Her car, her phone, her place. Guess if she just tried love, honesty and respect, she'd lose. What a sad, pathetic way to live.

I'll be nice and not comment about Matt. He had a choice.

I had to be nice and not comment TO him. Well, after I asked how he enjoyed his one evening of freedom.

Turns out that I drove him ALL THE WAY to his mothers house, and he took his late father's pick up truck back to "the palace" (he told me because his TV did not fit in my van and he needed to get it back to his mom's place) but shen he got there, they made up. So her son had to follow him all the way BACK to his mother's place and drive him back home.

What a waste of gas! And of my time. That's what ticks me off most.

Whatever. I like Star's idea. Princess and the toad.
She can kiss him all she wants but he will always be a toad.

Steely

Just wanted to send hugs. Too much! Geesh.
Keep yourself grounded, so that you do not get caught up in this drama!!!!