A million steps back.

Copabanana

I think perhaps you are not realistic about his ability.
I think you might be right.
I think it was smart of your son to apply. He did it because he knows...he knows, like I always knew, that there was something different about me that made working very hard.
I agree here, too.
Getting fired from fifty different jobs did not make me feel confident,
This makes me sad because I know my son experienced this too. I kept making him get jobs. He would get them because he appears confident and attractive. He could not keep them. He behaved inappropriately I think, like wanting to hang out in the Costco break room when i was in Brazil for a trip, because he did not want to be alone in the house.

Well now I feel like I do not have compassion, and I imposed my beliefs and needs on my son. But how do you find the middle ground between trying to motivate your child, and letting them, and permitting them to veg?
But I do get a little ticked when people think "You should work."
I am not coming from that place, SWOT. After all I am at the far liberal end of the political spectrum, and after all must be P C (joke here) (auto correct had changed this to easy child. Give me a break.)

SWOT, you are proud of your son who works, even though he has limits. That is so. Can you not understand me?

I accept 99 percent of what you say, and humbly stand corrected. Try to understand me, SWOT.

Last edited:

tryagain

Lila, I so understand. My daughter was in an awful place for about 3 years. Her choice at 18 to go live with trashy boyfriend, his trashy family, "ghetto " apartment several hours away, refusal to take medications, go to school,or work, and 2 suicide attempts nearly did me in. This forum was a lifesaver and helped me detach at a dark time. I'm thinking of you today and sending my thoughts and a prayer.