A Moist Baked Chicken Breast Recipe....

DDD

Just a quick share for any of you all who frequently bake chicken breasts and sometimes have "dry" results. Somewhere I got this idea and tried it today with great moist results. I covered the baking pan with foil. Sliced
tangerines (I saw it done with oranges I think) and laid the rings down as a bed for the breasts. I put marjoram all over the top of the citrus fruit, placed the chicken breasts on top (stuck soft butter and taragon under the skin) and then added some white wine to the pan. The combo of the fruit/seasoning/wine evidently kept moisture flowing and it was really good.

Phew/Whew! I so often forget how I've fixed something that if I don't share pronto......it's gone from the brain! :D DDD

house of cards

Sounds delicious and I've just returned from eating out and am quite full, I think I'll try it sometime soon as I have a little white wine left over from Christmas baking.

Andy

That sounds good. I don't have wine in the house - we just never do. But, I do have a package of individual Bailey's that I have not opened from Christmas. Some reason I don't think that would work?

I will have to try your recipe sometime. I usually place frozed chicken breasts in a glass pan, pour over a marinade, and bake.

Marguerite

With wine - we keep a cask of white wine and a cask of red wine, in the pantry. Do you have wine casks in the US? They are an Aussie invention from back in the 70s.

A suggestion to keep chicken moist when roasting - cover the drier parts with bacon rashers. Remove/change the bacon as it cooks before it burns, it should be really crispy and is a fabulous added garnish to the finished dish (if you don't scoff it first). As the bacon cooks, it renders down and keps the chicken moist.

Or you can stuff under the skin with seasoned butter, or you can cover the breast meat with orange slices or lemon slices, or you can keep basting it.

I roast a whole chicken on a rack over a baking dish, with about a cup of water in the bottom of the baing dish. I keep making sure the water never dries out completely. At the end of cooking, I pour everythingin the pan into a jug, pour off the fat and then use the rest of the juices to make gravy. I use another pan to roast vegetables. Serving the roasted meatwith gravy also compensates for any dryness. And my gravy is also low-fat, but loaded with flavour.

Marg

house of cards

GVC, I figured that would throw somebody off..I bake a pepper flavored breadstick kind of thing that is Italian that uses the white wine...people either love them or hate them, there is no in between. It's a very funny recipe it only uses flour, oil, wine, salt + pepper, and yeast.

DDD

I don't think it matters much if it is white wine or apple juice or broth or water. on the other hand :D I don't think Baileys ;) or Cutty Sark should be wasted to make moisture for chicken breasts! :redface: DDD

PS: Christmas baking must be fun at Kathie's house!