A New job, some old trouble.

So I finally graduated school to be a certified medical assistant. I Got straight A's, honor roll, perfect attendance, and managed to land a job at the best place in town, the job I'd have picked if i had my choice. Which I guess I kind of must have since it was the second job i applied for.

Now it's been less than 2 weeks, and Ive already had BOTH difficult child's suspended multiple times! I've been called at work several times, I've hd to leave several times, I'm afraid they're going to cost me this job that I desperately need. I Really don't know what to do with them.

difficult child 1 apparently printed something threatening off of facebook and combined with looking up how to electrocute someone without the police finding out in his search history, they took it as a threat (no kidding!?!? WHAT THE HECK WAS HE THINKING??) and now he can't go back to school until a psychiatric evaluation is done by difficult child 2's psychiatric. Same one he saw when he was in the psychiatric unit a couple years ago after he took my porch apart with a club.

difficult child 2....been suspended for basically being a difficult child. You can read on That subject on the sped 101 forum. He's just kind of falling apart at the seams. Kind of like mom's starting to do.

:(

InsaneCdn

Um, ya, right... and of course the fact that you now have a JOB = another transition for THEM = about par for the course.

Caught between a rock and a hard place. Between economic reality and GFGdom.

No major words of wisdom, though.

TerryJ2

Yaaaaayyy! Congratulations on doing such great academic work and graduating! I am so proud of you!!! And I know you are proud and relieved.

Soooo sorry about your g'sfg. :( Typical, so typical.

It's got to get better ...

DammitJanet

wow congrats on the schooling and getting the job. What to do about the kids. You cannot lose the job that is for certain. difficult child 1 is for certain old enough to deal with his own actions. 17 is old enough and his diagnosis's are certainly dont leave him incapable of not knowing what he was doing. He can stay home alone until you get the psychiatric evaluation. I wouldnt lose my job over that and if he gets into more trouble during that time, its on him. I would certainly explain that to him. In many places, 17 makes legal issues an adult crime. Maybe that will keep him on the straight and narrow.

The younger one...hmm. I havent read up on that. I dont go into the Sped section since I am not up on that anymore. Been ages since I have needed that. Maybe you could find someone to watch him. Even if it has to be the older one or an older teen who isnt in school right now.

DDD

You've worked so hard to get your career I'm so sorry it is an issue with the difficult child's. The only possible answer that I can think of is...can you change shifts? Perhaps....maybe...your boss would work with you on scheduling since you are obviously extremely bright and eager to work. Fingers crossed. Hugs DDD