A new life for me...scary

Abbey

Spork Queen
Unless some comet comes to change my course in life...I'm facing a big change.

husband and I have finally agreed to a big move. The last day of June he is moving to Wisconsin to help renovate a house his parents have owned and rented to 2 nuns for 22 years. He's going to take all our belongings and birds and hopefully make it liveable for us.

I am going to move in with a friend for a few months so I can 1-make money as he will have no job going up there, and 2-finish my book. Then, I will go up and join him.

It's a big risk, but I think is one that we need to take. I don't know how long I will stay here, but I just have this gut feeling that it's something I have to do. Not having the birds, husband and easy child around will give me a lot more time to write.

Abbey

witzend

Wow, Wisconsin's about as different as you can get from Vegas! I will keep good thoughts that this will work for you.

susiestar

Roll With It
It takes a LOT of courage to make a change like this. Listening to that inner voice is usually one of the best things we can rely on to guide us. I wish you ALL the best of successes in this new path!!

Hugs,

susie

ps. Tell me more about the book, please???

MyFriendKita

We moved 400 miles away from my family when difficult child was six months old, and at first, I absolutely hated it. By the time we moved back to my home state (seven years later), I really didn't want to move back. The seven years we lived away from here was one of the best things that could have happened to us. I'm sure you'll thrive in your new life.

Lothlorien

Boy, that is a big change. I hope that it turns out to be all you and your family need.

I wonder.....will you be able to get a transer on the Demo Lady job?

Abbey

Spork Queen
I have no idea what I'll do for a job when I move. The chain I work for now doesn't have any stores up there. I'll do anything, though. Shoot...I'd be a pooper scooper. Wait, maybe not.:surprise:

We can live in the house rent free for quite some time. It's cheaper for husband to do painting, repairs, etc., than for them to hire someone. Actually, I think his parents are so THRILLED that we're coming back that they would do just about anything. My biggest fear will be enduring winter. I HATE the cold. I told husband that was my only condition: DO NOT MAKE ME DO SNOW SPORTS OR PRETEND TO ENJOY THAT IT IS 20 DEGREES OUTSIDE. I will happily watch from the window by the fireplace.

In addition, my friend...when I finally go, will come with me so when we do start paying rent it will be a bit cheaper.

I think we're all ready to get out of Vegas.

Abbey

everywoman

Well, Abbey, this is a big move. I hope that all works out well for you. Sometimes in life we just have to jump out of the boat and swim rather than sit in the same place waiting for the tide to change. I don't like cold either, which is why I refuse to move to the cold climate my husband wants to go to. I told him if he really wants to go, we'll have to have a commuters marriage. I like the coast, the sun, the sand and the surf. Nothings will drag me away.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Okay, I have to ask.......what about your friend who saw you in your grannie panties? He will be bereft if you leave! ;)

I think it's wonderful. New beginnings can be just that and who among us wouldn't like to start over again?

Not to mention what a relief it will be for you to have a few months (mostly) to yourself.

I don't blame you about the cold weather, though. I hate it, too.

June is right around the corner- I'm really excited for you!

What's your book about?

Suz

house of cards

While I am no fan of the cold, I do like to have definite seasons...kinda helps you appreciate the summer more. I wish you prolific writing and a smooth move, I admire your sense of adventure. I also am curious about the book.

Abbey

Spork Queen
The book is about the transition of generations through a demo lady's eyes. I know it sounds silly, but I've learned and enjoyed so many of the people I have met.

Long story short, where I work is right next to a huge 55+ community. These people have such great stories.

Anyone who would like to read my beginnings, just email me or PM me and I'll gladly send you what I have so far. It will be a long term project.

Abbey

Andy

Wisconsin is next door to Minnesota! :) We will be like neighbors. Welcome to the neighborhood.

My mom grew up in Superior, Wisconsin, just over the bridge from Duluth, Minnesota. It was cool on Lake Superior and when she moved to central Minnesota, she had difficulty with the heat of Summer.

Hey everyone, I get Abbey as my neighbor! Aren't you all jealous?

busywend

Abbey, how totally cool this is!!!!! I wish you the best as you enjoy the next few months of 'me' time and your new beginning when you move.

You'll be MY neighbor too!

Except you will have to wear a wedge of cheese on your head. I think that is initiation for moving to WI. They make you do it until you memorize Brett Favre's stats, or something.
:)

Way to go for getting up the courage to make such a big move.

Sara PA

Consider this: You'll need a whole new wardrobe. That could be a good thing or not, depending on how much you like buying clothes.

Steely

But wait Abbey............I was just gonna move to Vegas! OK, maybe not. :faint:

I wish you all of the luck and perseverance in the world. We are behind you 100%.