A nice difficult child evening

Wiped Out

Staff member
I actually have some good news to share tonight. difficult child had a wonderful evening with me. He and husband came to pick me up at work around 5:45 (late conferences). difficult child had made a birthday card and a gift for me and was so proud of himself. He had told me a month ago(when it was my birthday) that he was waiting for something to be fired in art (of course, he had gotten kicked out of art-a friend finished for him by painting it).

It's very sweet. He even gave me a couple of hugs. Also I gave him a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book he had been waiting for. He was thrilled and asked me to start reading it (he almost always asks Roger to read to him). We went to get his blood drawn (he even sang happy birthday to me-hey a month late but I'll take it) and then drove all the way home (even stopped to pick up pizza to take home) and he never had a harsh word. He even had me read to him more before he went to bed. No yelling, no put downs, none at all in about an hour and a half!

Seriously this was the best evening I've spent with difficult child in a long, long time. He was very sweet to be around tonight!

T

TeDo

So glad to hear it. I savor moments like that because they don't happen very often. I am so happy for you!

Jena

that's great! that is a great great book got it for my stepson also! happy birthday a mos. late aint' so bad lol! adorable glad you had a good nite

shellyd67

Sharon I am so happy you had such a great night ! difficult child is reading the new book also ... He loves the whole series.

crazymama30

Sharon, I am glad you got to see the person who difficult child really is, not the one that his illness projects. Hugs, and hold this night close to your heart