A ray of hope on the Kanga trail

JJJ

Apparently it is very rare for a parent to file a dependency charge against their own child. The public defenders office, the court clerk, 11 different attorneys and even the DAs office acted like I was asking to book a trip to Mars. The secretary at the court clerk's office even said, well if you can't take care of her that's neglect, DCFS will take over. I finally, in tears, asked the ADA (assistant district attorney) that I finally got through to, did it make any sense for the DAs office to tell a parent that they needed to break the law because no one could tell the parent how to file a petition. I told him which law gave me the right to file the petition, I just didn't know how. He is suppose to do some research and call me back later. Meanwhile I got an appointment with an attorney whose secretary said she has done dependency petitions.

Then, the phone rang. It was one of the many RTCs I had sent packets to, they want to interview Kanga Friday for possible placement in 8 days. I spoke with the shelter group home and they will discuss possibly keeping her for the additional 5 days if the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) will confirm acceptance. Please pray she is accepted.

A

AprilH

I have my fingers, eyes, toes and everything else that can be crossed for you...I will keep you, your other babies and Kanga in my prayers...

trinityroyal

Saying prayers, crossing EVERYTHING and rattling beads that Kanga's accepted into the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Gentle hugs for you and yours, JJJ.

Trinity

wethreepeeps

I will be praying that this comes through for you. I've been there, and it's terrifying. I was in tears in a DHS crisis center's office asking what they could do for us if I said I was afraid of my son and wouldn't take him home with me, and was told they'd call the police and have me arrested for child abandonment.

Oh honey, I am crossing things that have no business being crossed.

There is power in prayer. Come on, gals. Those of you who pray, please join me.

tammyjh

Crossing my fingers, toes, and everything for you!!! Prayers and positive thoughts that all works out that there will be a place for her in 8 days and that Residential Treatment Center (RTC) will keep her til she can get there.

Sending many many (((((HUGS))))) your way!!!!

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ,

I'm so horribly sorry it's gotten to this point. I cannot even begin to imagine having to go to court and argue with the people who are supposed to know the law. I probably would have just gone off on that secretary.

On a small positive note - I think one of the reasons they are so unfamiliar with it is because of the grant. We're supposed to be able to get our kids treatment without having to file the petition. Everything just snowballed for you and Kanga so doggone fast.

Will keep fingers crossed about Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and that shelter will agree to keep her if they have a definite transfer date.

Many gentle hugs to you - I cannot imagine the strain you are under right now. Please take care of yourself.

susiestar

Roll With It
JJJ,

Prayers being said, and will continue to say them.

How DARE they accuse you of neglect because you cannot get help?!?!?!?! It is ONLY the idiotic red tape and procedure and some un-informed docs who have KEPT her from help. YOU and husband have done everything humanly possible, and then have done MORE for her!!!

I am very hopeful that the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) will take her, that the shelter will keep her until then, and that maybe your family can have some peace, time to process and time to heal.

Hugs,

Susie

Marguerite

Prayer wheels spinning like tops Down Under...

I wonder if your application, which shows the extent of your desperation, has had some people ringing and pulling strings for you.

I don't care why - as long as it gets Kanga the help she needs without you having to file after all.

Marg

busywend

Crossing everything for you, JJJ. I hope she gets accepted.

I just finished reading your other thread - and I am so sorry it has gotten to this point.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh kid - you know when I hit my knees tonight - I'll keep you and Kanga in my thoughts. Keep your chin up - the power of the board is incredible.

Many hugs -
Star

nvts

It's been said that we "shake" better than the rest...got beads, and all four chins going for you and Kanga.

God bless,

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Praying, rattling beads, lighting candles, doing the get accepted to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) dance. I truly hope it all goes through.

F

flutterbee

Dancing, praying, rattling beads, thinking good thoughts and lighting candles....

(((((hugs)))))