A ridiculously good Monday morning, my friends...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm burning the midnight oil at both ends & will soon be crashing (I hope). You'd think with all the seizure medications, plus the nightly methadone and a lunesta I'd be off to lala land. Not the case - too much pain.

I believe I'll take my prednisone at 4 or so this morning & hope my sleep pattern straightens out - can't live this way much longer. It's really getting to me.

I've spent the night working on a Christmas gift list. I have my siblings & their spouses taken care of. Because of all the nieces & nephews & now great nieces & nephews we exchange names. My father is difficult to buy for. I believe I'll bake him a year's worth of English muffin bread to put in his freezer - he loves the stuff.

It was a somewhat busy day here today - kt finished the majority of her laundry but is on strike for putting it away. PCA is always good at getting her to get that little chore taken care of - I'm not.

I spent some time out in the yard - getting things ready for winter. Hoses are put away; most of the leaves are raked (thank you ktbgt) & husband has put up or covered the majority of our lawn furniture. The biggest concern would be our cedar picnic table.

Nothing on the agenda today - I have a grocery delivery this morning; a tad of laundry for husband & myself to finish. There is a sale at the local farmer's market for spaghetti & acorn squash that I cannot pass up (the farmer's market won't be going too much longer - I believe mid November it closes). I'm going to stock up for the winter - we love this stuff here.

Well, I'm going to grab a cuppa of HMJ & fold some clothes. I have a taste for homemade granola - maybe I'll put some in the oven.

Have a peaceful day - hug your loved ones.

Marguerite

Wow, Linda, you're being productive! The farmer's market sounds great, I love those. And a gift idea for an elderly relative - a calendar. Not only can you get a wide range of them, it's saying that you expect them to be around and busy for at least the next year!

We had a hectic day today - daylight saving came in for us yesterday, but this morning we're still having trouble. And in the rush this morning to sort out the problems, we forgot to dose difficult child 3. He had a visual field test lined up and HAD to be medicated for that, so even though I was well away on the road out of town, we had to turn back. I was also carrying my antibiotics in a chiller container with freezer blocks - it's fun trying to keep things cold in a heatwave! I finally got difficult child 3 dealt with and got myself to the clinic for my injection - I'm still teaching that sister how to give this particular shot, so my rear is still very painful. Not that nurses don't know how to give injections, but this is a very unusual one in terms of volume and dose.

Some ratbag keeps nicking the P plates off easy child 2/difficult child 2's car, which means she's driving illegally until we can replace them. She had a lot of spares (because they do blow off sometimes) and has run through them. I've got my suspicions as to who is responsible, I'm going to keep my eyes open and if I'm right, have ANOTHER talk to this kid's parents.

Enjoy your Monday. I'm off to bed too, I need an early night after today.

Marg

RAZZLYNNE17

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Linda- good for you getting christmas lists done so soon, have a good day

Marg- yikes i hope your sister learns soon how to give you the shots so you are not sore.

Well we are all moved in and all unpacked. Today difficult child and i are very tired as we stayed up to watch our RED SOX, win the world seris, the game got over after midnight here, so 5:30 came very early. But it was worth it, and hopefully the dya will go by fast. Hope you all have a nice week, i am in search of coffee now!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Linda - Sounds like you got a lot done yesterday. Hope you get all you want done today as well.

Marg - You amaze me day after day with all you get done.

Jen - Hope you have a good day.

Today we have gfg2s family session, staffing and IEP. Can you say I plan to get it all over with in one day so that I don't have to deal with it again for awhile (except family sessions). I am not excited about any of them. He has been roller coastering all month since our last staffing. I have a hard time being affectionate to a child that is so hateful one minute and then thinks I should just look past it the next.

The darn bathroom is not getting done as fast as I would like either so after we get home I will be nagging husband.

easy child has no school today so she will sit in her cave (bedroom all day on the computer). I will battle with her when I get home also about cleaning her room. She has a birthday party this weekend and I would like it to be better. Not that she is bad but it can be better.

I will try and tackle my table, desk and the boxes I have my stuff stashed in. We'll see how much I get done.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I love going to farmer markets and only made it to one this year. Homemade granola sounds delicious. I hope you get some sleep. :sleeping:

Marguerite-I hate having to turnaround but you definitely had no choice. I'm sorry the shot was so painful.

Razzle-Glad to hear you are all moved in!!!

It was a busy out of town weekend as we went to a Michigan game! I didn't sleep well-had a horrible nightmare and kept waking up to use the bathroom.

Today it's back to work and afterwards difficult child has an appointment. with his neuro-psychiatric. I really need to fit in a visit to the health club and to get back to some healthy eating-the weekend got me off track.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and finds reasons to smile. :ghost:

LittleDudesMom

:jack: Good No Meltdown Monday Everyone!!!

Good to see all the chatter this morning!

Linda, farmers market run sounds good. I love spagetti squash - there are so many things you can do with it. I do enjoy the granola as well so you can cross my gift off your list :thumb:!

Marg, sorry that shot was so bad :nurse:. Our time change was delayed this year by our government to save a few bucks. I believe we change over this coming weekend. Get some good rest :sleeping:

Jen, glad you got all unpacked and you and difficult child enjoyed the game together :fan:

Beth, good luck with your staffing and IEP meeting. Don't nag too much or he may do the opposite - NOTHING!! :hammer:

Sharon, glad you had a fun weekend. Monday mornings are always harder when you've had full one. Hope you get that work out in with everything else on your list :treadmill:

You'll nefver believe what I tried to do this morning. I woke up and came downstairs and said to myself "Man, it's cold down here!" I turned on the local news and found that it was in the 30's. Don't know how I missed that forecast. So I proceeded to turn on the fireplace so I could sit in my favorite chair, sip my hmj, and feel the warmth. But, low and behold, I believe the ignitor is dead. difficult child would have loved coming down and sitting by the fire this morning........

Usual Monday for me - tons of laundry and household stuff - I'll definately be sequestered at home today :faint:.

Wishing everyone a great Monday - remember Mondays are No Meltdown ones around here :its_all_good:

Sharon

BusynMember

Howdy. I rarely read these threads, and now I know why. All of you have been so productive...lol. I start Christmas shopping early for my two who are still at home, but wait until after Thanksgiving for the rest because we pull names (a lottery). Our family is small--hub, me, four kids (minus ultra-religious son who never sees us), two of their SOs, ex-hub (yep).
This weekend we took daughter to pumpkin patch. May be the last year she wants to go. Watched the Bears LOSE to the Lions--as a Packer fan, not sure why I'm so happy, except that I hate the Bears. No other games I was interested in because Pack play tonight, and I don't care for New England or the Red Sox (other sports games on this Sunday). Got some writing done with critique partner.
It's my first day at work WITHOUT nutcase bus driver. Should be interesting.
Everyone have a great day and hug your kids. Be good to yourselves too!!!!

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Linda, I need some of your energy to rub off on me today!!! I need to get busy with my Christmas list too!!! It's hard to believe the holidays are almost here... :smile:

Marg, I hope you get a good night's rest!!! I love your idea about giving elderly friends/relatives a calendar. I think it is a great idea for husband's aunt. If there is enough time, I'm thinking of having one made for her with pictures of the family on it - One special picture for each month... :picture:

Jen, I'm glad you and difficult child spent some quality time together watching the World Series. I hope the day goes by quickly for you and you and difficult child get some extra zzz's:sleeping:tonight...

Beth, I hope difficult child 2's family session goes smoothly!!! I know how frustrating home improvement projects can be!!! Hang in there - in my humble opinion they always take much, much LONGER than anticipated. However, the end result will be worth it!!!

Sharon, I hope you make it to the health club today :smile:!!! As usual, you have a BUSY day - If you don't make it today, don't be too hard on yourself. Eat as healthy as possible and try to get a good night's rest :sleeping:...

Sharon, I hope your day goes well in spite of not being able to sit by a warm fire this morning. Sorry about the ignitor!!! I hope your day goes well in spite of not being able to sit by the fire and all of your household chores go quickly and smoothly...

Midwest Mom, It's really nice to see you here this morning!!! The pumpkin patch sounds like it was lots of fun. I miss doing those sort of things with my daughter. :jack::autumn: I still haven't had a chance to read your thread about the "nutcase bus driver." Things have been crazy on my end!!! Anyway, I'm glad the "nutcase" is gone!!!

Today I have lots of small errands to run and laundry to do. I also want to at least have time to call husband's aunt. I haven't been able to talk to her or see her as much as usual lately because of the chaos difficult child 1 has been causing. I also have to stop by the high school. I want to talk to the nurse and let her know that difficult child 1 has started taking an anti-psychotic. I also have to talk to difficult child 1's math teacher - He has a detention scheduled for Thursday afternoon and is too vague about the reason. Other than that, I'm hoping to have time to take my "favorite sanity saver" on a walk and maybe call an old friend who has been trying to reach me for several days now. At least after I pick up difficult child's at school this afternoon, I don't have much more running around to do. I'm hoping for a quiet evening... :pet: :pet: :reading:...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today :smile: :autumn: WFEN

TerryJ2

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry you're in so much pain. I really do hope your sleep schedule normalizes.
It's hard to imagine how how it is in Australian, Marg ... we finally had our first shot of fall this a.m., at 40 degrees.
Hi everyone! Have a great day! I'll add my 2 cents worth for No Meltdowns.

flyingiraffe54

Good morning! I have never posted anything ever before anywhere, and I'm not quite sure I have anything to say yet, but the times I have visited have been such an encouragement to me. My problems are not nearly as big as some of you face, but it is so nice to have people who do understand and are non-judgmental. The dynamic duo are awake and needing breakfast, so I gotta go!