A round of applause for runawaybunny

InsaneCdn

Lets hear it for Cheryl and her hard work for the last TWO DAYS...

To be honest... for a while I wasn't sure how long it would be or if I'd EVER be able to actually get back on this site...

Upgrades being upgrades, though... murphy usually likes to "help".

I'm guessing that our favorite site admin had her hands full with this one... but...

Ta Da... Tonight...
Better than ever...

Thanks, Cheryl.

:likeit::bravo::thumbsup:

H

HaoZi

I'm still trying to figure out what changed, I'm just happy it's here and running. Thanks Cheryl!

DDD

I'll drink to that! Ooops...no...I'll clap to that, lol. Good job, Cheryl, as always. DDD

Nancy

You are good Cheryl, I had no problems at all with anything, no glitches, not even a burp.

Thank you,
Nancy

TerryJ2

:flowers:WTh, I thank you Cheryl, I really did. Put in new emoticons and everything. It's gone. I'll try again.
Thank you!!!!

:sunny::morethanchocolate:

R

runawaybunny

Thanks so much, that is very kind of you considering the bumpy ride we've had here over the last couple of days.

There are still a couple of ongoing issues but I've got tech support looking into them. Now I can do the fun stuff, like install new smilies.

Steely

Cheryl -- I know you have worked so hard on this -- and I really appreciate it :)
It is just that this is the first time I have been able to access the board in 3 days. I have cleared my cache', cookies, tried different browsers, re-started my computer, used my ipad instead of windows. I cannot imagine what else to do. It seems the problem is when I sign in as "Steely".... that is when things shut down. I am in Google Chrome right now - and after 5 tries it finally let me in. I can only hope that is the answer? Because it is definitely not happening in FireFox.

InsaneCdn

Steely - I had over 48 hours like that. Went through a different set of trials but same concept as you. And then... I started getting THREE different kids of error messages... and the nature of the messages told me that our poor admin was tearing her hair out with performance issues and a raft of other unintended consequences to the upgrade. The initial "site will be down" message hinted at there possibly being a few "hours" of adjustments, and asking for patience... it ended up being a few days.

Even earlier today, I was still touch-and-go on login - its better now. "who's online" was hanging, so was creating new posts and/or new threads... couldn't get into PMs or profile...

Murphy had a party at our expense - but especially at Cheryl's expense.

Give it another day or so to settle in, and your prior browser approaches will probably work again.