A sad farewell...

witzend

I posted this on my Facebook page, along with some favorite photos. It's been a pretty rough week or two. This is something we have known was coming for a while. But today we made the appointment.

Bubba has been a good friend to our family, and taught us so many good things about life. We learned patience and absolute forgiveness, and the joy that comes with going for a long walk with a friend.

Sadly, Bubba is not enjoying his life anymore and is in a lot of pain. He's fearful of falling and can't see or hear anymore. He likes to see people... See More
, but he is anxious about it because he doesn't see or hear them coming. The pain medication makes him ill.

On Tuesday morning we will say goodbye to him. What a strange feeling to plan this for someone who has been so dear to us. I'm trying very hard to be sure that his beds and toys will be washed and re-purposed for our other puppies when we get home.

We're going to try to take him for one last walk on Sunday evening. I'm hoping it won't be too warm. I know he would like to see his old friends one last time. There are so many of you that we got to know because "Bubba and The Man!" were taking their walk on the street. If you see us, please come say hello - and goodbye.

janebrain

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am thinking of you and your precious Bubba.
Lots of love,
Jane

Mom2oddson

(after wiping the tears from my eyes....)

Witz,

My heart goes out to you. It's a very hard decision, but one that needs to be made.

Here's hoping you and your family have a wonderful weekend with Bubba.

We'll be here for you on Tuesday.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw I'm so sorry too Witz. Sending lots of hugs to all of you. Such a special friend as Bubba will be missed. I hope he is able to go say goodbye to his buds on Sunday and the weather cooperates. Hugs~

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm so sorry, Witz. We are facing the same choice soon with our 13 year old shih tzu whose cancer has returned.

It hurts.

{{{Hugs}}}

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Oh, Witz, I so know your pain. I cried like a baby after I made the appointment for Beau. You are doing the right thing, even as difficult as it is. Will be week next Tuesday for me........ I will think of you and Bubba and Beau will be waiting for him...........

N

Nomad

I'm so sorry.
I too know your pain. It is very very hard.
You are very brave, strong, loving and loved.
May your Higher Power and the angels be with you, your pet and family. (((((Hugs))))

DDD

Sending caring thoughts and a cyber hug. I think this loss is as painful as losing any family member and it takes alot of time for the emotions to stabilize. I'm sorry. DDD

donna723

Oh Witz, I am so sorry! I've had to do that too and I know what a painful and difficult decision it is. I have always heard that they will let you know when it's time. Just remember that you're doing what's best for him out of love and concern. Sending many, many hugs and a shoulder if you need one.