A sad farewell...

Lothlorien

I'm so sorry Witz. I just did this in December. I know how hard this is for you. Enjoy your last few days with him. I hope he's well enough to enjoy them too.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I've had to do this too many times and I try not to remember, it's so painful. Our Maine coon has cancer of a salivary gland and we know he doesn't have long to live. The poor cat must be wondering why we have suddenly become so loving, instead of spreading the love among all three cats. Like a difficult child, he's been getting all the attention...

I'm sorry, Witz.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm sorry, Witz. It is never easy having make these decisions with our beloved furry family members. Hugs.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Witz. I am so sorry. As others have said; you are doing the right thing for Bubba. It doesn't make it any easier to handle. I'll be here for you on Tuesday.

witzend

Thanks, all. We sat on the sofa and I brushed him last night. He seemed to like that. Then he nearly fell coming up the 4" step to the deck this afternoon, and pooped in the house after supper. It's time.

nvts

Awww Witz, I'm so sorry - I'm sitting here crying like a baby for you...I wish I could say something more than "I'm sorry".

Beth

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Sorry to hear of Bubba's struggles, Witz. You are so brave and loving to help him cross the bar. ((((Hugs))))

Peace