A stupid question....my skinny white legs!

DDD

Usually I wear jeans or pants and a tee. During the winter I wear (on occasion) dresses with heels and pantyhose. But...it's summer in Florida and I have to attend two banquets this month. It seems like nobody wears panty hose (well, a few do,lol) and my skinny pale legs look like two white sticks.

So I guess I have a little vanity left in my old age. Is their a product that goes on easily that might add "a touch" of color to the sticks? Should I try it or stay with wearing pantyhose? I am not particularly well coordinated so I'm thinking about trying a product BUT I don't want to look like my sticks are blotchy candy canes! DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Personally, I despise pantyhose. I don't even own any. I'd rather go with ghostly sticks than wear hose.

...And I always end up blotchy... So I don't even bother. As long as I shave my legs, they should be happy.

My Mom gave me some stuff a few years ago with shimmery stuff in it - it washes off so can be used whenever. MUCH less blotchy. I think it was Neutrogena or Lancome. Expensive.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jergens has a body lotion out that gradually adds color to your skin, a nice soft glow - no garish orangy color, no streaking, nothing. Just put it on like you would ordinary lotion and it adds a nice glow over the course of a few days. It's very subtle, but I didn't get the impression you were looking for instant tan. easy child uses it on her face and it's lovely.

keista

I'm a traditionalist - hate seeing these young ladies wearing business suits with bare legs - yuck. Go with the hose.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm a traditionalist - hate seeing these young ladies wearing business suits with bare legs - yuck. Go with the hose.

I'm not young and I can't even remember the last time I wore hose! LOL. I think it might have been about 15 years ago! I hate the feel of it on my legs, especially when I'm in Florida on business. Yikes! Does it make me look like an unprofessional professional?? Hahaha - There is one lady in our office who wears hosiery once in a great while, but she does it to hide her varicose veins.

keista

Don't get me wrong, I hate the hose - never could get them on right no matter how well they fit. Started wearing thigh highs when I got a temp job at an office, but quickly switched to slacks almost all the time. But, the rare time I do have to get dressed up now, I don the hose.

I prefer 'hosed' legs. Even the really young girls with wonderfully tanned legs look "off" to me without hose - especially in a suit.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - Yeah, I do understand that.

Years ago I worked 3rd shift at a hotel, all the women HAD to wear skirts. I convinced them to get me pants since I occasionally had to deal with drunks.

I almost never wear skirts... Unless they're ankle-length.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't wear dresses or skirts in cooler weather, only in summer when it's okay to go without. I hate my legs being exposed to the elements in winter!!! Too cold!! I would think in FL it would be okay to go without almost always but I don't live there...☺

busywend

DDD - Loreal Sublime Mist tanning spray.

No colored palms and a nice even spray since it is a mist makes for no streaks.

I dry off in the shower and then spray before I get out - standing there a few seconds to let anything settle in the tub instead of my white bath carpets. It only takes a few minutes to dry. Within a couple hours you will see the color.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Despise hose, despise skirts almost as much (I know this comes as a shock to you all....:faint:)

And while I agree the suits look funny to me without hose, I'm all for the next generation escaping the dang things...let 'em look funny to me...it looks "normal" to the up and coming group and it means I don't have to wear them, even to the once-a-decade dress wearing.

KTMom91

California girls go for the tanned look, too...except for me. I am pasty white and I am proud...capris, shorts, skirts, and sandals on a regular basis, and as long as my toes are painted all pretty, I'm fine.

DDD

You guys are wimps! :rofl: We grew up wearing garter belts and having to make sure the seams were aligned before we went out on the town! When seamless hose hit the stores....so did we! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I SAY GO WITH THOSE POND BIRD LEGS MOMMA! YOU EGRET IN A SEXY DRESS! YOU FLAMINGO ON ALABASTER STICKS!

Personally being olive? I don't have these problems. But I know for a fact after rushing a girlfriend off the bleachers at a little leage game in a white shirt that was DRIPPING with spray tan in 100 degree heat - that the tan in a can Busy recommended? Doesn't come off. Some High end salons are now offering air brush tans that last well too. I wish I could think of the name of that palce that offers free eyebrown waxing on your birthday. I want to say it's GIA but I'm not sure. I bet THEY have the air brush thing for "SEKKY" legs. -----

Or you can use my little tip........Buy a push up bra and wear a low cut shiirt. With a 38DDD chest? no one looks at your legs. HIKEm up.

muttmeister

I use Jergens Natural Glow. It's a moisturizer and a self tanner but the tanner is subtle. It comes in two formulas - one for light skin and one for medium to dark skin. Just be sure to scrub your legs first to get off any loose dead skin. Also, it's a lotion so you rub it in over most of your legs but just a once over is enough for heels, knees, etc. It is very subtle so start a few days ahead of time. One coat is very light. If it is not as dark as you want it, do it again the next day or for as many days as you want to get the look you like. After that, if you want to keep it, just do it about once a week.

I use it all summer. I'm one of those people who remember girdles and garter belts. I chucked them as fast as I could. Even though I hate pantyhose, they were a HUGE improvement over what came before. Now, I go bare. If people don't like how I look they'll just have to look at somebody else because I'm gonig to be comfortable.

DDD

I've decided to try the Jergins....but, lol....I'm wearing panty hose as the first banquet is tomorrow night! Thanks everybody. DDD

H

HaoZi

The Banana Boat spray does pretty well. There's also that spray-on pantyhose stuff from Sally Hansen, I've seen it at Wal-Mart, or a bronzer lotion.

shellyd67

You will like the Jergen's... I have been using it. I am olive skinned but after a long winter I am a little fair skinned. I starting using fair skinned Jergen's and it works the best by far.

I also use a 50 or greater SPF all over and tan really well after a few times out in the sun.

I already have the flip flop tan :rofl:

husband and difficult child get sooooo tan ... easy child gets a good tan but she is the fairest of all of us ...

Let us know how it works ...