A Tad Bit Peeved at Attorney

pasajes4

When my son was given 10 days detention at juvie, I asked his case worker if the facility would withdraw him from school. The case worker indicated that I needed to withdraw him. We were scheduled to have his ARD at his high school on Feb.3. We can't have the ARD since he is withdrawn. The attorney was with at the detention hearing and never said anything one way or the other about The ARD or about what to do about the School situation. She called yesterday and wanted to know why I withdrew him and why didn't I ask her first. I really hate being made to feel like a moron.
Geesh You would think she would have informed me of this when we were in court on Monday.

OK. I have VENTED and feel much better. Damned if I do Damned if I Don't.

buddy

Geez, any way to fix that? i would be miffed too. Will be thinking of you and pls let us know how it gets resolved... seems really important.

DammitJanet

When was your son given 10 days? I wish you hadnt withdrawn him before the 3rd. You probably could have gotten away with holding off until after that actually. Not sure though. I mean 10 days isnt long. I hope you were able to just put the ARD off for a couple of weeks.

pasajes4

He was given the 10 days on Monday. I wish I had not either. The ARD can be rescheduled for when he is released. He had to be withdrawn from his home district so that he could attend school in juvie which is in another district. If he is not going to school, he would just be sitting in his cell getting angrier and angrier.

DDD

Sending hugs your way. It really is like walking through a mine field trying to do the right thing for our difficult child's. Can you imagine what it is like for the undereducated parents who often are working one or two jobs, taking care of other family members and have to cope with these complexities? There children often don't have a chance.

Your child, on the other hand, is blessed to have a bright caring dedicated Mom who knows to bounce back from a stumble and keep on the path. It's just a blip in the overall trip. Don't beat yourself up. Most of us have zigged when we should have zagged :) or vice versa. DDD

pasajes4

I have not heard back from the attorney. She was going to get right back to me (not). He will have to go back to school and be re-entered. I do not see why we can't schedule an ARD then. That would make sense to me but what do I know.

TerryJ2

Not sure what you're talking about, except that I can see you have to jump through hoops with-o any instructions. So sorry. You don't need this on top of it all.