A trip to the gyn and an ultrasound later...

flutterby

Fly away!
...and we don't know what is causing the pain. Story of my life.

The CT results were very vague. It just read enlarged ovary with cystic properties. The ultrasound showed nothing wrong with my ovary, uterus, anything. Gyn said it's possible that I had a cyst that ruptured, but that 1) they should still be able to see remnants of it, 2) I don't ovulate so I shouldn't get cysts, and 3) I still had a lot of discomfort during the exam.

The doctors always tell me, when they don't find anything, that it's good news and I'm supposed to act all happy and relieved. It's hard to do that when no one can find any answers over and over and over again.

M

ML

Definitely a mixed bag. I'm glad they didn't *find* anything but on the other hand I wish they did find something they could find what is causing your pain. Thinking of you, ML

flutterby

Fly away!
I have endometriosis and had surgery in 2000. It came back and I take synthetic progestin every day (no periods), which is why I don't ovulate.

The exam today really stirred everything up again and I'm in quite a bit of pain. My mom asked me the next step and I said, nothing. I'm done.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
((((Hugs)))) You shouldn't have to put up with living in pain like this. Could the medications for the endo need adjusting? Maybe there's a different medication to try? Did they rule out ovarian cancer (I hate to ask that)?

flutterby

Fly away!
The medication for the endometriosis is working. I went from having a fixed pelvis to not. And my ovaries look exactly like they should, so I would guess that would rule out ovarian cancer. Which, by the way, is a fear of mine because of a dream I had when I was 17.

The exam just stirred everything up and it really hurts. I asked her what else was on that side - because the left side doesn't hurt and didn't hurt during the exam - and she said, colon, small bowel, ureter, appendix. I could go to more doctors just to have more tests just to be told they can't find anything. I did call my doctor's office when I got home and let them know - and the Gyn was going to send a note - but unless they have some really good ideas...... I just can't do this anymore.

I am so frustrated, angry and just in a rip-roaring bad mood.

And tonight, my son and litter boxes....let's just say he's lucky to be alive. *Two* things I ask them to do and he does such a half-butt job of it. If he did it right it would take him 5 minutes. Tops. But, he doesn't so I go in there tonight and it's absolutely disgusting and spend 30 minutes (and can barely move after) and that's just to get it not so disgusting. I'm going to have to pull everything out of the utility room to do it right. He will definitely be hearing about this.

I am soooo not pleasant to be around right now.

Thank you for the concern everyone. I do appreciate it. It's just one of those days where I wish I had some glass that I won't miss because I would be throwing some otherwise.

Josie

When you mentioned your symptoms of distended stomach, weight loss, abdominal pain, I was going to suggest you try the gluten free diet. Then they thought they found an ovarian cyst so I didn't mention it. Since they have found nothing, it might be worth a try.

You asked on another thread how you know who to trust. In this case, you don't have to trust anyone except yourself. You could just try it and see how you feel. I didn't even have symptoms like yours but I could tell the first day that I didn't feel bloated all the time. I would give it a few days to a week at least though.

Bloating, unexplained weight loss, abdominal pain, cognitive decline, fatigue, IBS can all be symptoms of gluten intolerance. Celiac disease by definition affects the small intestine.

By my estimate, at least half the people on the girlfriend diet are on it without a positive celiac test from a doctor.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Heather,

I'm so sorry you didn't get any answers today. I think Fairly Odd Parent has a reasonable suggestion - if you haven't tried it - what do you have to loose?

Hugs for your hurt -
Star

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was going to say something bowel related also so maybe the girlfriend diet could help. Surely, it wouldn't hurt to try?

As for breaking glass......I'll let you in on a secret. Go to the store and get some cheap tin foil pie plates....as many as you want. Take them home, put some water in them (maybe half full or so) and freeze them. Then, when you want to break something, grab a few of them, pop the ice out and slam them down in your driveway. You get the breaking noise and satisfaction but nothing to puncture tires or feet and it all melts!

I actually have a dream of opening my own stress relief business. All I would need is something set up like a shooting range, saftey goggles, gloves and all the plates/dishes/glasses I could find cheap at goodwill or garage sales. Stressed? Need to destroy something? Come break stuff at 'Stangs anti-stress salon! $10 a stack....pitch and scream to your hearts content!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I actually have a dream of opening my own stress relief business. All I would need is something set up like a shooting range, saftey goggles, gloves and all the plates/dishes/glasses I could find cheap at goodwill or garage sales. Stressed? Need to destroy something? Come break stuff at 'Stangs anti-stress salon! $10 a stack....pitch and scream to your hearts content!

Let me know when your annual passes are ready to purchase! :rofl:

DammitJanet

I think the girlfriend diet could be a good thing to try. That could well be something that would help many of your symptoms. I might try the girlfriend before eliminating CF. I think CF is harder. Do one at a time. At least you arent going to get any medication reactions. You will just have to read a good recipe book and cook basically from scratch. No Domino's and McDonalds...LOL.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Another mystery illness ~ many MDs do not go out of their area of expertise to research further.

It's your choice to quit looking for answers; try the girlfriend diet see if it works. Have you tried some mild exercise - just stretching & such; something to keep your body moving & flexible. I'm doing light yoga on the WII fit & I find there's a difference in all of my body, including not taking as many pain medications. Just a thought.