A truly low-fat Caesar dressing

Discussion in 'Healthful Living / Natural Treatments' started by flutterbee, Mar 7, 2008.

1. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I *love* Caesar dressing...on salads, in wraps, as a dip. But, it's very high in fat. Even the 'low-fat' versions still have around 12g of fat per serving.

However, I found one with only 3g of fat with 0g saturated fat and 0g trans fat. It's Blanchard & Blanchard All Natural Low Fat Caesar Parmesan Dressing. It is soooo good. And I can eat my Caesar dressing again!

I found it at Kroger, but I know they didn't carry it until they revamped our store. I found it with the salad dressings, but you might also check natural food stores or check Kosher sections of stores. Oh, it's also Gluten Free.

2. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

Blast, I thought it was a recipe. We won't be able to get that here. Just a word of warning, though - check the sugar content. It's amazing how the low-fat version of something often has more sugar. We like Thousand Island Dressing, but when I bought the low-fat version the kids said it tasted too sweet. So I checked the labels - it had considerably more sugar than the regular Thousand Island Dressing of the same brand. I really wish they wouldn't do that! It probably piles on even more weight than the fat would have.

Marg

3. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm not a big fan of fat free salad dressings that are oil based. They kinda leave a "skim" on my tongue. I buy light oil based dressings and then, the first time I open it I pour off the oil on the top. I will check out our local Kroger and see if they have that ceaser dressing. Thanks!

Sharon