A very early Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

It is way too early to be awake but I was so tired and am fighting a cold I was asleep before nine. That'll teach me to try and get some extra rest!:bloodshot: Hopefully I'll be back asleep soon but once I'm up things just start going through my head and I find it hard to sleep.

Today we are supposed to get snow, 3-6 inches of it. It sounds like the drive home tonight will not be fun! After we get home we have to head back out to get difficult child to wrestling practice.

Hopefully tonight I can get some presents wrapped and I still need to find something for difficult child's teachers.

Days like today, I really wish I liked coffee-I could use the caffeine!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Sharon/WO, I hope you get some rest soon. Driving home though all that snow will be a tricky job.

We had a sunny day today. I presented a couple of prizes at the local school then headed out with difficult child 3 to see the pediatrician. We had split the appointments, I took difficult child 3 and easy child 2/difficult child 2 to begin with, then headed back later to go with difficult child 1 and daughter in law, for difficult child 1's last appointment ever with this bloke. We got the referral to the new bloke (a psychiatrist) and the last batch of prescriptions. daughter in law asked me to help organise a few things (which is good - I'm glad she feels OK enough to get my help). She wants difficult child 1 to do more things for himself, which is a worry because I've been working him towards this for years and he's still a moderate distance away from being able to completely look after himself. I'm sitting here waiting for them to ring, so we can work out some paperwork over difficult child 1's car which he crashed on Friday. I've offered to help out there too, with organising paperwork.

Tomorrow - it could be a quiet day, or we could be running around all over the city. It all depends on what phone calls I get/have to make in the morning.

Here's hoping for a quiet stay at home. The beach is calling! I need to work on my tan, I've got some ground to make up.

Or I could stay put and lie out on the deck with the phone, tanning while I deal with the paperwork.

It's a thought.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, caffeine definitely helps on mornings like this. I'm sipping on a cup of Earl Grey tea - enough of a hit to keep the chill out, but shouldn't keep me awake if my body decides it needs sleep again. Stay safe driving today & keep yourself warm.

Well, it's a "balmy" 10 degrees below zero even as we speak. I live in a 97 year old home ~ let's just say it has some issues when it comes to the severe cold when it's windy.

I've started on a new painting ~ just a plain old robin; they are a beautiful bird. I'm just sketching it out this morning.

In home therapist coming in for kt today after school. We got the Christmas tree up & decorated yesterday. Today there are a few light decorations that I will put up. I tried to help kt with something in the basement yesterday & fell a few steps so that's a no go yet. I want to get down there & do some cleaning & find a few things that are stored that I don't want kt in ~ adoption issues, papers,etc.

Have a good day all - stay warm.:mistletoe::frozen:

susiestar

Roll With It
Good morning to both of you. And everyone else.

Marg sounds like a busy day. I wish I had you here to help me organize paperwork, LOL!

Sharon, be careful in all that snow. I hope you feel better soon.

I have been doing my part of the work on the bookmarks for thank you's classmates. All he has to do now is paint the faces on the gingerbread men. They are 2 gingerbreadman shapes cut out of brown felt, then glued together with a super jumbo paperclip in between.

I have to drill holes in some buckets this am for another project for thank you's class. We are attaching cloth tops iwth drawstrings to these containers so the kids will have cute Xmas containers to take things home in. I keep telling my mom that bright blue containers will NOT look festive with big black adn red check fabric.

Jess and I also work for a while at the Xmas store at school today. We get to help the kids make their choices and then get them to the classrooms. IT is usually one of my favorite activities.

I hope you all have good days, many hugs to all of you!

Susie

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Sharon- Be careful in all that snow! I hate the stuff myself! The difficult children all love it ! They are hoping for a
white Christmas.
Marg- I love the beach! Hope u get your quiet day there!
Linda- Around here Robins mean Good Luck!
Susie- Have fun working at the xmas store
Today I am taking difficult child 3 to take a placement test
at the community college. She decided to take 2
classes there starting in Feb. She is only 15
but may take 2 classes before passing the Ged.
She can take the GEd in summer.
Hugs, Rabbit

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Tuesday Morning!!

Sharon, hope the early sleep doesn't "ruin" you for the day. Hope that snow fall holds off (did I say that?). Talk husband into letting you stay home tonight (and he take difficult child to wrestling) to wrap presents and such - with a cold coming on, you could use the rest :doctor:.

Marg, I vote for no paperwork and a trip to the beach to work on the tan and get your toes wet :beach:.

Linda, I hear you on the heating woes of an old house - my leaks like crazy and the big open spaces just don't get warm - at least not if want to maintain a moderate heating bill! The robin painting sounds nice. My uncle, who loves birds like you and I, says that robins are "real birds" because they eat worms and bugs! Get someone to go down in that basement with you. Perhaps you could call on husband for this. Hope your day is restful :salute:

Susie, that sounds like a fun volunteering job! I love this time of the year and helping kids do something for the families sounds really fulfilling. Enjoy your day :santa:.

Well, the cold I was feeling coming on yesterday is here in full force. Sneezing, stuffiness, sore throat, cough - the full monty. I'm trying to stay positive about it since I have such a full week ahead - can't afford to not be on top of my game!!!!!

Mom arrived safetly, albiet 4 hours later than expected! She's not going to be happy when she wakes and hears the rain this morning. She does not like to travel in the rain. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the weather forecast yesterday because I didn't know it was going to rain.

Hey, have a great Tuesday :winks:!!

Sharon

K

Kjs

Sharon and I must live close, we too are expecting the same snow.

It is difficult child's birthday today. He is up and calling me to come out there. So, I don't have the time to address everyone.

He came home from school sick yesterday. Flu sick. He said his stomach is still hurting. Makes me sad we had a special birthday dinner planned tonight. He wants to go to school though.

Everyone in the snow area drive safe. It is 1 degree outside right now.
Stay warm.

Have a great day.

courtfrog2

Good morning. My difficult child is coming home from the psychiatric hospital today! I'm so excited. This is going to be a good day. I'm leaving work early to pick her up.

The risperidone seems to be working quite well according to her doctor. She'll have follow up visits.

Let's just hope the snow holds off until I get back.

Andy

Good Morning from the Freezer
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Try Hot Cocoa with Hazelnut or French Vanilla flavorings from the coffee isle. I think the caffeine is there! And it is very good (I don't like coffee either)

Marge - I am glad you made it through your busy schedule today.

Timer - Be careful on those stairs.

Susie - I love the X-mas shop. I chaired a community wide one one year for an organization I belonged to. That was also one of my favorite activities - helping the kids shop!

Rabbit - Good luck for difficult child 3. Have a great day!

Little Dude's Mom - Take care of yourself. Find a way to chase away that bug.

Kjs - Happy birthday to difficult child. I hope he feels better and can enjoy his birthday.

Courtfrog - What a great day for you. I do hope the weather behaves so you can focus on other more important things.

It is -3 right now. I didn't hear the actual wind chill but the radio is announcing dangerous windchills. I need to find my hat and mittens - they are not where I thought I left them. However, I think I borrowed them to someone a few weeks ago - maybe I will check difficult child's book bag?

I stayed home yesterday - school was closed. Today there is a potluck at work with a revealing of Secret Santas. I am going to stop at the local baking company and pick up a loaf of cranberry nut bread as my offering to the potluck.

This computer is acting up and I expect it may crash soon? The key to sign in is sticking. Takes 1/2 hour to get where I want to be.

difficult child is now off medications. YEAH. I gave him the choice of Saturday or yesterday as his last dose of Flouxetine. He chose Saturday. Guess I get to update my siggy!

I talked to a mom of one of easy child's friends yesterday. She assured me that easy child is a great kid and doesn't feel that she is into anything serious that she shouldn't be. That means the rollercoaster is up again!

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. I really wanted to address all of you but I'm wishing those with colds a speedy recovery.
We are very springlike and warm which I don't like. I don't want the budding on the trees and then an arctic blast will hit. It's supposed to rain and turn colder this afternoon.

I have to run out this AM but if you have a second send difficult child some good thoughts. He is meeting with the regional office of a program through UNC to see if there are services that would meet his needs. It's not an interview but a "get to know" you visit. It still stresses me when we meet with anyone. I feel like I am trying almost too hard to get help. I am not that desparate anymore but the old feelings of hopelessness trigger some sort of desparation in me.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Have a good day and don't let the Christmas elves have too much sugar today.