A very good Monday morning, friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee: Get that hmj brewing - it's Monday!

Laundry, bill paying & some holiday decorations on my list of things to accomplish today.

husband let me know that my van has a flat tire when he got home from wm's visit yesterday. He tried to get those bolts off & change the tire (usually he can get it, not yesterday) - the ones that are powered rigged on so you couldn't change a tire on the freeway to save your soul.

I'll be calling the garage in to change my tire this morning - they haul it off & repair it for me as well. Another $100 down the drain. Oh well, such is life. :bah-humbug:

Enjoy your Monday. Find some time for yourselves today.

goldenguru

Morning Linda~

Chores on my list of things to do today as well.

Sorry about the flat tire. Does sound a little like a conspiracy to me. LOL.

I'm thinking of all that I should accomplish in the next week. My list is as long as Santas.

Happy Monday all.

wakeupcall

Good morning, Linda...and all others who are up. Yes, another Monday and the count down to Christmas. My daughter and her family are arriving in TX from MA on the 26th. I can hardly wait to get my hands on those four grandchildren. They are buried in snow so I'm hoping the weather will cooperate when they get to the south and that we'll have 70's.

I have to work today (parttime) but that's it until January. I have a great job. I don't work much, but it keeps me in the loop and I save all my money for airline flights. It works perfectly.

husband and I get up at 4:00 AM so that we have some private time to talk. difficult child will not allow it anytime that he's around. Whatever works, right? Anyway, have some java and enjoy the morning, my friends. Keep warm!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Don't you just hate those surprise bills especially at this time of the year. I hope you have fun with the decorating :rudolph:

On the football front Michigan finally hired a coach (I know you were dying to know that!) and the Packers won :fan:

Right now I wish I drank hmj! I'm very tired and could use the caffeine. It's the kind of tired where you wonder how you will make it through the day but I know I will.

After work today I may do a bit of shopping while I wait for easy child to be done with her after school stuff. Then it's home to eat roast beef sandwiches that will have been cooking in the crockpot. After that it will be off to the health cllu :smile:

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful Monday and finds many reasons to smile and laugh! :sled:

GG and Pamela-Hi=you snuck in on me-hope you both have a good day!

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: :rudolph: Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday :forsanta: :gingerbread:

Linda, sorry about the tire and the unexpected expense - I hate those financial obligations that sneak in this time of the year :thumbsdown:

Golden, good to hear you on the morning post! Hope you get al those chores done and make a good dent in your list :santa:

This morning difficult child, one of difficult child's best buds (a girl he has been friends with since kinder), and her mom and I will be riding to school together. Her daughter came home to play with difficult child Friday and when mom came we were talking about how the kids would distribute the gifts to their teachers. Both of us were not sure how "in one piece" the packages would be!!! So we decided to leave 15 early this morning and deliver all the packages to the teachers together. difficult child's friend is in the same "group" as difficult child so has the same teachers, other than electives.

After that, I'll come home and begin some laundry and household chores. I have to hit the grocery at some point - easy child is making a spanish dessert for their party on wed for extra credit and I want to get the ingrediants. But, most of all I need some cream for my coffee :coffee:

So it will basically be a house day since it's Monday. difficult child only has two days of school left and he is really hyped - but it is a good hype :skate:

Wishing everyone a great Monday, and make sure your difficult child's get the No Meltdown word!!!!!!!

Sharon

:salute: Pamela and Sharon - guess it took me too long to type my post! You two snuck in. Have a great Monday!!

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

We got a surprise bill and a half this afternoon, husband is still trying to sort it out.

We have really good roadside service here, as long as you're a member. Which we are - we've had to rely on them too often, tyres as well as other problems.

GG, our list is a little shorter now, I posted all my Christmas cards this morning.

Pamela, sounds like you will have a busy house over Christmas.

Sharon, you're starting the day tired and you plan to end at the gym? HOW? I bet you will sleep tonight!

Tomorrow is a busy all-day trip. easy child 2/difficult child 2 has to get dropped off at the nuclear medication clinic for her stomach emptying test in the morning. mother in law & I continue up the highway for our appointment half an hour later. While in that area we will probably buy more nuts and fruit for Christmas supplies (one of the best nut shops in Sydney, right next door to my doctor). Then back to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 then some shopping. We have the whole day to kill, difficult child 3's drama class is in the evening and it's too far to go back home and then drive back out again. difficult child 3 has to bring his schoolwork with him, so maybe we'll put together a picnic lunch and go sit in the park somewhere, so he can work. There is a lovely park full of beautiful flowers and cool shade with a tea house in one corner - sounds perfect for us tomorrow.

We'll be meeting up with husband & BF2 when they finish work, so we won't be home until nightfall. It will give difficult child 3 a chance to enjoy some Christmas lights when we get back home to the village.

A busy day - then next day, we see the paediatrician for the end of school year check-up and possible medication change.

It's a busy time of year...

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I've got the coffee brewing. :coffee:

I know, I know, what on earth am I doing up at such an ungodly hour? We now husband has switched shifts and is on days, which means he leaves here at 4am, far too early to pick Travis up from work at 6am. So I get to do it. Yay!

I'll tell ya, it doesn't bother me too much to get up so early if I have class or actually know I'm going to get paid for staying up all day...... But to have the alarm clock rudely awake you from the first sound sleep you've managed in a week, to be forced to leave your nice warm bed, go outside and heat up the car in below zero temps just to go pick your son up from work is HARD! :bloodshot:

Oh, well. I made it. lol

Linda that stinks about the tire. Would AAA be cheaper? They'll usually come to you to change it for ya.

GG I hope you get thru your list.

Pamela I can't believe you and husband get up so early just for some alone time. Awesome. Enjoy those grandkids when they get there! (and spoil, spoil, spoil)

Sharon I can't believe you're going to end your day with a work out when you started it so tired! Wow! Those roast beef sandwiches sound yummy!

LDM Glad difficult child is hyped in a good way. Hope the extra credit recipe goes well for easy child.

Marj You certainly have a busy day planned. That park sounds lovely.

My day is going to be filled with big cleaning. easy child and Nichole are headed off to the mall outlet stores for the day which gives me a quiet house to get some things done around here. (not easy to do with a toddler running around lol)

Hope everyone has a meltdown free Monday!

A hearty good Morning to anyone who snuck in.

Hugs

:santa:

mum2JK&TH

Morning everyone! Record 34 inches of snow so it's a snow day today, now it's a wait and see who makes it to daycare today. Today I plan to take on the basement with the kids and get their play area organized and do some laundry.

Hope everyone has a great morning and all of you who got the snow have a safe drive if you have to go out!

happymomof2

Good Morning All,

:blizzard: 34 inches of snow OMG. It's 31 degrees here in Sunny North Florida and I am whining!

Taking easy child to school, then to post office to pick up mail. They won't deliver it because our road is being paved - mind you garbage trucks and everything else can get down our road. :grrr:

Then back home to get son to do more school work that needs to be completely finished by Wednesday so I can turn it in.

Hope everyone has a no-meltdown Monday.

Laura

Fran

Former desparate mom
:blizzard: Good Morning all. Sounds like a lot of the country got socked with some brutal weather. We are a tad nippy here but I count my blessings as I hear 34 in of snow. Enjoy the snow day.

Monday as usual is laundry and bills and this week more Christmas stuff :xmasdec: .
difficult child is working with us but he makes everything difficult. He has to argue about everything and then is defensive. :bah-humbug: I still made him finish the job. Other than that he is hanging in there. Way too excited about Christmas for a 23 yr old young man but we know he is immature. I know he still hopes that we are proven wrong and Santa is real. (Intellectually he knows that isn't so but the oppositional part of him wants us to be wrong). :santa: It's not easy being difficult child. He wants the world to be as he imagines. Sigh. :sword:

Hope you who are cold stay warm and those that are in the summer heat cool off.