A very good Monday morning, friends &

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
fellow warrior parents! :warrior::good_morning:

I've been absent over the past few days - rather ill & sleeping my life away. :ill: Sleep is good but not when it hits the mid 70's & the sun is shining.

Other than a trip to Mayo tomorrow morning my week is proving to be rather boring - no other appts. husband, kt & I are supposed to head out of town on Friday to visit my dad this coming weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well at Mayo & we can make the trip.

kt spent the day outside yesterday & met a couple of girls who just moved into our neighborhood - girls her age! She was delighted. husband & I were delighted! They will be going to the same school as she does next year. The 3 of them are already making plans to walk to school together. :cheerleader:

Here's to a calm & cooperative Monday for all of you. May your problems be small & easily solved, your weather sunny :playingball: & you receive no calls from school!

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Monday Morning!!

Linda, glad you are feeling better this morning. The weekend trip to see your dad sounds great. Hope all goes well at Mayo tomorrow. Great news about kt's new neighborhood friends.

We have a great weekend here - productive and relaxing as well! Bonehead called yesterday and wanted to take difficult child to see Iron Man! So easy child and I went back to the gym and just did the treadmill for awhile then she had to do a photo project for class on a series of the same subject. She took along an antique iron toy and then on the way back from the gym, we went to where they tore down the first enclosed mall in our city. She snapped away :picture:- she took a towel so she could lay down for some shots. It's neat to watch my child as she navigates developing her style and vision. She loves photography.

I'm going to hit the gym then the grocer for just a few things. I never made it to the greenhouse on thursday, so my cousin and I will head out there around noon. I'm excited about seeing some new "stock" and getting all my planting done. They also have a neat section that has all kinds of funky things for your garden, deck, and patio.

I hope your Monday is a good one and your challenging family members remember that, since it's Monday, it's No Meltdown time :hammer:.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sorry you were ill this weekend but glad you are feeling better. I will be crossing my fingers you are able to make the trip to visit your dad this weekend. It's great kt has made some new friends!

Sharon-husband and difficult child saw Iron Man this weekend and thought it was good. I can imagine how good it feels to watch your easy child do something she has such a passion for! Enjoy your shopping and trip to the gym!

easy child and I had a nice weekend together although most of it she spent working on homework. I had a productive day yesterday but then couldn't fall asleep until almost 1 am so it's going to be a long day today.

It's going to be a long week as we have appointments of one kind or another every night except Tuesday! On the good side, it's teacher appreciation week and our parents are hosting a pot luck for us today. It's always a ton of fun and everyone gets a door prize!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Monday and hoping you find many reasons for smiles and laughter.:flowers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Linda, Sharon and Sharon.
Linda sorry to hear you had to sleep for most of the weekend. Hopefully you have given your body what it needed and will be feeling better this week.

Sharon, I admire that easy child has something she loves passionately. It's a wonderful thing to build on. Bonehead doing something with one of his children is always a good thing. It's good for difficult child.

Sharon, glad the weekend worked out for easy child and you. Sorry you missed your weekend with husband's family. I'm sure you were disappointed. :flower:

We had a relaxing and productive weekend. The outside is really coming together. easy child comes home on Friday and we are hosting the neighborhood get together on Sat for the first time. I feel like we are almost moved in. The pictures go up on the walls today so that the downstairs is officially done. Other than normal laundry, mail and assorted mundane house tasks, nothing planned. I may run out this afternoon to treat myself to a pedicure seeing it's sandals weather.

difficult child is giving the caseworker and staff a hard time about the same old, same old. Cleaning his room, washing clothes and hygiene. On a bright note, he is doing well at the job. He forgets his goals unless reminded on a regular basis. I don't think he is making progress. :surprise: The conversation just gets repeated every 6 wks or so. Sigh.

We are looking forward to seeing easy child even if he will leave in a week to go to work. By then he will be ready to be out doing his thing.

Hope your Monday is productive and melt down free.

Marguerite

G'day people. No chance to greet you individually today, I'm feeling very weird and I think it's a reaction to one of those effervescent vitamin preparations, so I'm about to put myself to bed.

We bought a baby budgie today to keep Daisy company - Daisy is a blue budgie who has been alone since her partner died last winter, just after we got home from New Zealand. This one looks just like our previous one. Tomorrow we begin the slow process of letting them get to know one another, safely.

difficult child 3 is finally getting his speech pathology assessment - she dropped in this afternoon and did about an hour, is doing the rest tomorrow morning. Already she has found some interesting gaps. His vocabulary is good, but he has trouble connecting words and ideas. We were talking about it today when I was telling him about the tests to come - I said that it's probably because he uses a different part of his brain for language to other people, and this means that other bits of language function are also maybe in different places. It's like a computer with pieces of the same files stored in odd nooks and crannies on the hard drive; it functions better after it's been de-fragged. The trouble is, I'm not sure how you de-frag a person's brain.

Have a good day, everyone. I'm heading for bed.

Marg

KTMom91

Good morning, all!

Miss KT fed the cats and is heading out the door, the dog is barking at the little kids walking to school, the rat is running on her wheel, and I'm getting ready to go paint in the bathroom. The farther along I get on this project, the more I wish I hadn't started it. Everything I scrub, move, or take off the wall leads to something else I have to scrub, repair, or replace, but it's going to look great when I'm done!

Wishing a meltdown-free Monday for everyone!