A very good Monday morning, friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning::coffee:
Good morning friends,

Another Monday rolls around - cannot believe it's already the last day of June.

As the tweedles b/day is Saturday I will be spending a good portion of this week pulling together the fine details of 2 b/day celebrations in 2 locations. I'm pretty sure I have kt's b/day down ~ wm's is still up in the air. Waiting to hear from foster mum on an acceptable gift (wm is down to socks & underwear at this point) that will work in the group home with the other boys. (My son has a propensity to take something good & fun & make it a weapon or try to lord it over his foster brothers - makes for a very ugly situation.)

I'm pulling my hair out on a gift for my son.

Not much else happening this week - I have a few items of paperwork to contend with this morning. I think I'll end up in GPs office to be checked for a kidney infection - go figure. The sooner I'm off the prednisone the better. One more infection of any type & the rest of my hair will be pulled out. I'll post pictures! :itching::rofl:

Enjoy your Monday. :icecream:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sounds like a busy week. What about a game for wm's gameboy or does he not play anymore? Does he have an I-pod or anything like that? If so maybe an I-tunes card? If not, maybe an Ipod shuffle. Last month they were on sale for $50. Maybe they still are? I sure hope you are feeling better and don't have a kidney infection!

difficult child is going to day camp this week. Even though he says he doesn't want to go, I think he'll have fun. They keep the kids very busy. Today he goes to a state park in the morning and roller blading in the afternoon.

husband and I will hit the health club after we drop him off. Our contract is up with our cell phone co. and we're thinking of switching so we'll look around after the club. We have a meeting at 12:30 with someone about difficult child and then we're taking a nap!

We pick up difficult child by 5:00. Hopefully he'll be good and tired from the day at camp!

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:flower:

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Linda, it's difficult when you're a family of different addresses. And paperwork - I spent this afternoon chasing more paper. I finally got some vital papers lodged on difficult child 1's behalf this afternoon and I hope that is the end of the problems for a while.

Sharon/Wiped, you & I posted at the same time. Enjoy your time alone with husband. I hope you can have a productive shop-around time as well as good gym time.

difficult child 3 is being difficult tonight, so caught up in gaming that he either hasn't heard when he's been told to do things, or he interrupts us, desperate to get HIS agenda dealt with urgently. Then he got upset with husband for yelling at him, when "all I did was ask him a question" - just as husband was trying to sort out some online tax forms and shouldn't have been getting talked at, at all.

And then while trying to type this, grabbing a spare moment while difficult child 3 is in the shower and therefore not likely to interrupt, husband has come down to the office to tell me about the latest gag in a TV show he's watching.

I think my brain is going to turn into mush at any moment.

Tomorrow I do not have to go out, apart from the lunchtime class at the local school. So hopefully difficult child 3 can get some work done and actually completed? Wish us luck!

Marg

change

Good Morning Ya'll!!!

I can't believe it's the last week of June either!!! My first summer not teaching summer school in like 6 years and it's going by WAY TO FAST!:tongue:

I'll cleaned up (organized) the main rooms downstairs in my home last night. Today, more organizing and some cleaning because after the 4th, my aunt comes in from out of town to stay for a few days.

Marg - I feel for you dealing with difficult child 3. I remember those days with my son...I felt like I couldn't do ANYTHING and also felt mean being so strict, etc. trying to deal with him.I DO hope you get a break sometime SOON for yourself.

Wiped Out - I'm jealous! You're sooooo fortunate to have even a few hours ALONE with hubby. ENJOY THEM!

Linda - I'm so sorry about your predicament. I defintely FEEL YOU on that one. We were ALWAYS in the same boat when difficult child son lived with us. Then, someone else would always give him gofts he would destroy within a day or two or like you said, use as home-made weapons. Does he like to read or do any sort of art? We used to rely on books all the time but my son LOVES to read. Before he got VERY DESTRUCTIVE, we would give him art supplies as well. He loved to do visual art and it was also very therapeutic (until it started getting inappropriate). HUGS...

Y'all have a good Monday...

KTMom91

It's 8 am and I feel like I've already done a day's work. Got up at 5, got Hubby out the door for work at 5:30. I've loaded the dishwasher, written a letter to the editor of our local paper, made more tea (by the gallon), started laundry, taken a shower, renewed the truck registration...and my knee is killing me, so I'm just going to sit here and "compute"! Have a wonderful Monday!

TerryJ2

Holy cow, do I feel lazy (especially after reading KTmom's note). I overslept. But it is summer, and difficult child is at camp ...
I'm going for a walk, and then making appts and paying bills all day.
Have a great day everyone!