****A very good Monday Morning****

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all! :good_morning:

Couldn't sleep so I took my prescribed sleep medications ~ now I'm up for the night. Sighhhhhhhh:bloodshot: If I'm not dozing on the couch in another hour I'll be brewing hmj & attempting to stay wide awake until after my 9 a.m. mtg for wm.

We are touring his new school this morning. wm's been in day treatment for 4 yrs now & is beyond bored; maybe a better way to put it is no longer challenged. That's dangerous for an incredibly brilliant kid with no impulse control. This should be exciting.

I spent yesterday reading the paper while listening to NPR & Lake Woebegon then headed out to spread mulch in my front flower garden. Poop patrol & then into the house for reading, piano & some sketching.

After the mtg I have bills to attend to, laundry & desk to be cleaned along with a pile of papers that must be shredded. Just don't know why I don't do it after a payment has cleared the bank.

It's to be a beautiful day to day & I plan to spend a bit of time sitting out on my deck & finishing up this library book so I can go pick up so new ones. I feel impelled to finish this one & I don't really like it. I keep hoping something will drag me in to the plot.

Hope your weather is beautiful & sunny today; your family healthy & your difficult children cooperative. :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Linda-Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday! I hate when I feel the need to finish a book I'm not really enjoying. I hope you find a good one at the library.

I'm up way too early this morning. I promised a friend I would walk with her at 6:00 this morning. She needs help getting motivated to work out. Of course, I didn't fall asleep until almost 1:45. After our walk it will be time for a quick breakfast, drive difficult child to camp, and then husband and I are heading to a class that goes til 11:30. A friend is going to drive easy child to driver's ed.

This afternoon I'm heading to the pool with a friend (probably the only day this week as I'll be in working at school). I love going to the pool but I think today I am going to miss my nap!

After camp difficult child has a therapist appointment. husband and I won't make it to the club til close to 8:00-yikes!!!! It's going to be a long day!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Linda, I hope wm likes his new school. Somewhere I also have tapes of Lake Woebegon, a friend gave it to me and I remember listening to it in the car while we were on holidays.

Sharon/WO, I hope you get your nap, especially as you're so short on sleep. But it does sound like you've got a busy day coming up.

I was MIA yesterday, very tired after a long day. I drove over to the outer northwest suburbs of Sydney with easy child 2/difficult child 2, to spend the day with my sister, her son and daughter in law, plus their two kids. The little girl is flowergirl for easy child 2/difficult child 2 and we needed to work on her dress. She's not a beauty, by any measure. A cute kid maybe, but plain. However, she is going to look gorgeous, easy child 2/difficult child chose her because she is like she was as a little girl, plain and button-featured. A freckled redhaired elf. But when we dressed her in cream satin, gold satin and cream and gold brocade, she looked fabulous. Then we decided to make a tulle petticoat for her, to make the skirt stand out. My sister then sewed a long gold satin sash, the tail of the bow will reach to the hem. easy child 2/difficult child 2's dress also has a long gold sash. With the red hair, the gold and cream are gorgeous. This is going to be one happy little girl. easy child 2/difficult child 2 is living vicariously through this great-niece of mine; she was never flowergirl and feels it's because she wasn't pretty enough. She knows this little girl will also be overlooked for the same reasons, and wants to make her princess for a day. It really will be like a Mini-Me for the bride, right down to the ADHD!

But it was a long drive for us. I chose to use the toll roads to speed it up, I figured it saved us over half an hour each way and it was worth it. We listened to a favourite book on CD, very enjoyable. I dropped her home as we came back to our shire, then headed to the bush road and home. But I was so tired, it was also right on sunset, so I pulled over to catnap for half an hour.

It's been a quiet day today, difficult child 3 has got his schoolwork back under way for the week. He was supposed to go to school for a study day today but I hadn't written it into my diary. There is a repeat opportunity coming up in a week or so, I'll call his teacher in the morning and double-check on when. But we were at the school on Friday, plus I did a lot of driving on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Tomorrow should be another quiet day, I need to lie low and recover. The weather is still weird. Definitely early spring, very warm. It rained tihs afternoon but it had to rain for a while before it stopped evaporating as it landed, it's so hot at the moment. Then I heard the lorikeets getting excited and playing in the rain, so I knew it was falling properly at last! These are wild birds but thye are in large numbers here. They love water, they are like ADHD kids at a water park!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone.
I'm running late. I'm with easy child in Orlando. He has his first day of class today and we will unpack his dorm room. He is excited and nervous. I think he is relieved to not have to worry about paying for everything himself. Nothing like a little independence to make one appreciate school and your parents. He will work part time to contribute to his budget.

difficult child turned 25 yesterday. What a difference a year made. He is in Minnesota for a day or two with baby sis. They are driving together to my mom's. difficult child will help with the drive and the two young cousins.

I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear something from Suz. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Have a good day everyone.

rejectedmom

Good morning. I spent the weekend getting the beach house storm ready. It was very hot and humid and the heat really got to me. Today I will be cleaning house as it has gotten away from me. I got some lovely CD's for my birthday so I will put them on to keep me moving along. -RM

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Like Fran, my difficult child had a birthday yesterday! He turned 14 and got an iPod Touch. It was a nice day at the movies and then dinner with easy child.

My heart is just hurting for Suz this morning. My thoughts and prayers are occupied....

Sharon