A very good Sunday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
and a very happy mother's day to you all! :queen:

Whether you feel as though you want to acknowledge this day for whatever reason.....you are all wonderful mums! Our "little wonders" due tend to wear us down ~

kt gets home from respite between 2 & 3 this afternoon. This has been one of my best Mother's Day weekends ~ a quiet weekend. I've yet to fall asleep; I expect I'll be napping today before kt gets home.

My dad called last night to let me know he was coming to town to visit this coming Tuesday. He'll be here from Tuesday to Thursday - then must head home to rest up before he heads back to work. by the way, Dad's official retirement date is June 20th ~ 10 days after his 79th birthday. I'm hoping that we can plan some kind of retirement party later this summer for dad. This time it's sounding like Dad is really going to retire.

Enjoy your day, friends. May your difficult children be cooperative :try2fly::puppet::happyguy: & the weather sunny & warm. :beach:

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Happy Mother's Day to all - no one deserves it more!

Linda - glad to hear about your dad's retirement! Glad the weekend is going well!!!

Today is our day to celebrate our warrior mom status - we should all be as proud as we are exhausted!
-Dara

Marguerite

G'day, all. Happy Mothers Day!

Linda, get your sleep in before kt gets home.

And it's good that your Dad is coming to visit - I hope you can really enjoy the time together.

Dara, you sound like you need some rest too.

I had a phone call from easy child this morning which I really enjoyed. She's coming to visit in a couple of weeks, she hopes - it's her birthday then. After that husband & I went to church with mother in law, who surprisingly expressed a wish to go (very unusual). Meanwhile easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 left to spend the day with his mother. difficult child 1 stayed home, difficult child 1 took himself off to HIS church and we didn't see him until about an hour ago. They're all at that age when they begin to live their own lives.

This afternoon we sat with mother in law and watched "Charade". husband hadn't seen it for so long he could barely remember it. I loved it, it's been years since I've seen it. Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, at their best. I had Lucky, difficult child 3's baby budgie, sitting on my shoulder, while difficult child 3 cleaned out the budgie cages. It was the first time mother in law had seen the little bird, I thought she wouldn't like it because she's not much of a one for animals, but she had him on her finger and was cooching to him like I've never seen before.

We're on a steep learning curve with budgies here, it's quite a challenge.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good Morning! And Happy Mother's Day to the best group of parents anywhere... :coffee:

Linda- I hope you get a little rest before kt gets home. I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing your Dad.

Dara- You're right, we do have a lot for which to be proud!

Marg- It sounds like your brood is going in many different directions!

I've been trying to get on for the last few days but have been so busy that it's been near impossible to find the time to post. The good news is that Sunday School, science club, Brownies, and American Girl Doll Club all ended last week. My bible study ends this week. My schedule is opening up a bit...

Duckie has started to behave better and more appropriately for the last few days. I think she's finally caught up on her rest from our vacation in April. It's nice to have my girl back.

She's finally finished with her Comet project, she gave her oral report on Friday. She finished a written report in April but made a board game to present to the class. She asked husband and I to watch her presentation. She did well, but seemed very nervous standing in front of the three classes.

My church hosted a Mother's Day Tea yesterday. I invited my Mom, aunt, Duckie, sister in law, niece and great-nieces. Mom behaved well and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We take mother in law to the zoo for brunch today. I hope the weather holds! I'm looking forward to tomorrow when things quiet down again.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in!:mothers_day:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Wow-your dad is still working at 79-amazing! Enjoy the rest of your respite weekend.

Dara-Enjoy your day!

Marg-Sounds like you had a nice mother's day! I think I will have to check out that film-I've never seen it.

I'm about to head out to church. Then husband is making a big breakfast-eggs, potatoes, & bacon, and maybe even tortillas. Not much else planned other than my usual nap and workout for today.

Wishing everyone a special Mother's Day!

LittleDudesMom

:mothers_day:Good Sunday Morning and Happy Mother's Day :moms_day:

Linda, hope your day is restful.
Dara, I hope your day is a good one.
Marg, sounds like you all had a relaxing, nice day.

easy child is supposed to serve as junior deacon at church today and then do a special reading, but she was up many hours last night being sick. She thinks it might have been where they had dinner last night. I've not woken her yet, hope she's feeling better.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Mother's Day. I hope someone makes you feel appreciated or special today.

Sharon

Andy

Happy Mother's Day to all those who know how hard the job really can be! If husband, mother in law, father in law, sister in law, brother in law, difficult child, easy child, boyfriend just don't get it, atleast you know there are tons on people on this board who really do and in that knowledge can appreciate your efforts of being a Mom - regardless the outcome.

If your heart is not into this day, cheer up - I am only one that sees your true abilities shining through. Please celebrate your successes even if you don't feel them today - they are still there and there will be more to come.

Timer Lady - I can hear your joy in the day already and your difficult child and dad have not even arrived yet!

Dara - "as proud as we are exhausted" - Well said!

Marguerite - The budgie proving to be a positive focus for difficult child! :) I know my difficult child has the most trouble when he is bored and having a pet to focus on gives him less bored moments.

Tired Mommy - What a proud time for Duckie! Good for her! The zoo sounds like a great outing.

Wiped Out - "not too much planned" - those are often the best days

Little Dudes Mom - I hope easy child is feeling better.

My puppy has turned into my easy child!!! Puppy was so "droopy/ sleepy" all day yesterday - I was beginning to think we should take her to a vet - then last night about 1:30 am, non-stop barking. easy child wasn't home yet so I called her and told her to get herself home and take care of puppy. I went down to see what I could do - didn't need anything - just wanted attention and to play. My goodness - sleeping all day and up all night - sounds just like easy child - but atleast she isn't sick.

Today is the last lesson day of Sunday School. My assistant will not be there so will find some kids to help take attendance. I asked the snack family not to bring today since we have sooo much left over cookies to use - I hope the beveridge person can serve this am (otherwise the kids like to take turn serving) - found out that I probably will not have my music staff this a.m. - one couple is out of town and the other lady called me last night saying they plan on going out for lunch (in our town you get to the re sturaunt early - always up to an hour wait in every resturaunt on regular Sundays - not enough places to eat for special days). She sounded guilty but I assured her that she needs to do this with her family and to enjoy. She said she may be able to stay for music but I will just refuse the help so she can have more family time.

Then steaks on the grill - possible bike ride, possible movies, possible drive looking for baby geese and baby ducks? Or maybe just staying at home for a day of vegetating?

May all our difficult child, easy child, husband, (and pets) be at peace today -
May all your moments be calm -
May you be able to proclaim "Today is MY day"

Christy

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!

Days like this, where difficult child (Mr. The World Resolves Around Me) is supposed to treat someone else special are always frustrating to me so I decided not to expect much. husband made sure there was a card from difficult child and we opened it together. I thanked him and gave him a hug. I think I will go to the library later without difficult child in tow (that's a mom's day present from husband!) and pick up the next book in the JD Robb series. If I am lucky, difficult child will play outside and I can sit on the patio and read while he does. I think we'll order dinner (pizza or chinese) since I prefer not to brave the restaurant crowds. I'm hoping for a low key and hopefully stress-free day.

Have a great day!
Christy