A very good Sunday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all.....

It's been a long time since I've started a GM thread. I'm sorry if I've been neglecting you all for the past month or 2 - I've been a tad "hazy".

Stormy stormy night - tornadoes & the like passing thru my area last night & into the early morning. Everything is calm now.

I'm excitedly working on a new painting (in pastels) this early morning. It's for my laundry room & I'm loving the subject matter ~ 2 clothes pins hanging out on the line. It's very different from anything I've done before.

kt & I will be running out to the art store this afternoon; I need a frame for a painting I'm entering into the state fair. I hope to find the perfect frame. With all this storming & napping & painting & such, my garden is suffering severe neglect. I hope the weather starts to cooperate so I can meander out into my small yard & take care of my poor plants. (It's very ugly right now)

Here's to a playful Sunday. We can all use some fun right about now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
IT IS SUNDAY!!!!!! And for the first time in over 10 years....I'm up early enough to make the morning post (does happy dance like Snoopy) --no really I did it....This is my first morning post ever to wish ALL OF YOU

A GREAT AND WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, BEAUTIFUL Summer day - filled with peace and kindness and happiness, and total, harmony....(ohmmmmmmmm) inhale the good air,,,,,exhale the bad air.......

Okay - TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF THE REST OF THE SUMMER.........ENJOY!!!!!!!! I'm off to have 89 degree coffee in a 100 degree house, watch the sun come up, and just be thankful for everything even the bad stuff - 'cause it sure makes you appreciate the stuff you have that you didn't think was so great when you had it, but now it seems fantastic 'cause you don't have it and wish you did. uh huh.

And I'm going to look for donkey waffles. and syrup. Waaaaaaaaafffles!!!!

Hugs & love -- coming to you from inside my little hot house and hoping for a cloudy day!
Star

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, it's good to see you so early on the morning thread. I hope your painting fulfils its promise.

Star, again I'm not used to seeing you so early. Stay cool!

I stayed in bed pretty much all day. It was mother in law's birthday today, we had planned to take her out to dinner and our married kids within range were also invited. difficult child 3 hates Chinese food so we bribed him to come along, eat a bowl of plain rice and "be nice" for grandma, in exchange for a pizza afterwards. And it worked!

I managed to go out, spending as little time as possible out in the cold. And now we're home. husband has gone to mother in law's for some cake. Sis-in-law forgot to bring it to the restaurant and was surprised that the kids didn't all come back to mother in law's for cake afterwards - it's only an hour's round trip, sis! And they have work in the morning...

Instead of me going to mother in law's tonight (risky for her anyway with my bug) I'm snuggled up in bed, with the nebuliser mask on while I type. This bug seems to be progressing like my whooping cough did last year - I really hope it's not whooping cough again!

As soon as the nebuliser is finished, I'll get my pyjamas on and go to bed. I showered before we went out so it would be easy to slide into bed. Sis-in-law is bound to send a piece of cake home for me.

So I am looking after myself, friends. I seriously think I picked up this bug last weekend while waiting around in Canberra Hospital ER. I've got an appointment with my GP on Tuesday. By then I should be improving, if the antibiotics are working. If not - back to hospital, they said. Meanwhile - bed rest. I have two appointments on Tuesday (both for difficult child 3) which I may cancel tomorrow morning if I feel I won't be well enough.

Enjoy your Sunday, folks.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning All :bigsmile:

Linda, your painting sounds great for the laundry room but also reminds me of a photograph that easy child actually did a couple years ago - it was a black and white closeup of two old fashioned clothespins on a line - background blurred. Interesting....it's been so hot and dry here this summer, that I have to water my plants every singel day! Tough to keep up with....

Star, well, well, well......either you are feeling much, much better or you have some great medications going on! Seriously, nice to hear from you this Sunday morning. Warm liquid on a warm day is actually what those living in perpetually warm climes do.....Hope your Sunday is relaxing.

Marg, glad to hear you are home resting. It's the best for your recovery - hope you get that piece of cake!

Well, my sciatica issue is much better today - walking is just about pain free - more of a dull ache than a sharp pain. Standing still is pain free and sitting is still a little painful - but all in all, I'm in recovery mode! Wish I was sitting on the beach now, but just give me a week....:beach:

easy child is going to spend the afternoon with difficult child. They planned it Friday. They are going to pick up a pizza, go back to her place and watch a movie on demand and difficult child is going to spend time with Penelope, easy child's kitty. He loves cats. It's really satisfying, as a parent, to see your children liking each other as they mature rather than :clubbing:!!

Enjoy your Sunday :peaceful:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- The painting sounds interesting. Hope you find a frame!

Star- I'm proud to be part of your first ever morning thread. Stay cool.

Marg- I'm glad you are resting more. I've been very worried about you!

Sharon- I'm happy to see you're recovering and the kids have planned an afternoon together. Wow!

Would you believe I just woke up? We got home from our merry rounds at 1am and I didn't fall asleep until after 2. Duckie had a pool party for a friend, then we slipped into Ontario for my niece's open house, then drove across the Niagara peninsula to a friend's cottage for the evening.

Needless to say, we'll have a quiet day today. ;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Lazy good morning from my part of the world.
Linda, sounds like a lovely day for you and kt. Art is all a mystery to me. I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. My hat's off to you.
Marguerite, good to hear you are resting. I hope that you are well on to the road to recovery by Tuesday. Yay! to difficult child 3 for hanging in with white rice and delaying gratification long enough to be a polite dinner guest. I'd behave for good pizza too. : )
Star, enjoy those waffles. Stay cool and glad to hear how much better you are feeling.
LDM, I love to hear my boys laugh and have fun together. Doesn't happen often enough but I know how pleased you must feel. Whew, about the pain letting up. It sounded excruciating last week. The beach is a week away. by the way, we had a totally overcast/rainy day yesterday. It was wonderful. Humid but such a pleasant day from the unending glare of sun day after day.

husband and I and a friend went to the late movie last night. It was Inception. I definitely didn't fall into it's intended demographic. LOL. Lots of action, special effects, sci fi type movie with a little human component thrown in. It was still fun to go. Ended up staying up way too late but husband got up with the dogs this morning and I slept in. : ) He is a keeper.

Today is just a few chores and hopefully an afternoon reading my novel. Tomorrow difficult child returns and it's Monday. I sure like slowing the pace down this weekend.
Have a Sunday that is peaceful.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all. Still fighting the summer cold here. I also now have the added fun of losing my voice. I sound like a 14 year old boy without the dips into the lower scale. Add to that....Chester, the dear, sweet boy puppy of mine, refuses to leave my side (so sweet of him) but is farting up a storm. (bleeping dog!)

Linda, the painting sounds wonderfu! You'll have to take a picture of it when you're done. And I'm sure you and Kt will find the perfect frame for your entry.

Star....I'm going with the theory that you're feeling better and are just excited to be out and about somewhere that you're not measuring windows by phone and buying A/C units. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffles!

Marg sounds like a good time was had by all. HOpe mother in law had a good birthday! Would you care to share that nebulizer??? Hope you're feeling better too!

Sharon, enjoy your day! Nothing like being (relatively) pain free!!

husband is working today, difficult child is still in bed (duh) and today is great-nephew's 1st birthday party. With my cold and voice though, I don't know that I'll make it. If nothing else, I'll drive by slowly, croak out happy birthday and toss his gift bag out the window. LOL Although....the party is supposed to be at the splash pad here in town (little water feature like thing) but with the looks of the sky, I don't know if an outside party is a good idea or not. We shall see. Otherwise, I just plan on resting my voice as 95% of my job is done on the phone. :slap:

Enjoy your Sunday all!

mstang67chic

Going Green
TM and Fran, you two snuck in on me!!!!

Hope you both enjoyed your Saturday's and your sleep in this morning! Sounds like the best of days!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Day All!!

Officially I've missed the morning but only by a few minutes!! It's just after noon here!

Linda-The painting sounds like great-I hope you will post a picture. when you are done.

Star-Great to see you on the morning thread:) I bet your waffles were delicious!

Marg-Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Sharon-I love hearing that easy child and difficult child are spending the afternoon together! I know you can't wait for the beach!

TM-Sounds like a fun day yesterday! Enjoy the quiet of today!

Fran-husband and I are going to see that movie tomorrow! What are you reading now?

Mstang-Hope you are feeling better soon:sick:

I've been to church, the health club, and played Wii with difficult child. Nap time now! Later we are going to watch the Ten Commandments (difficult child has been wanting to see it again) and have a picnic in the living room while we do!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: