A very good Thursday morning, friends

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very chilly, windy good morning to you. :blizzard:

Yesterday proved to be a quiet (other than one pretty impressive kt meltdown) day in the tweedle household. I've been trying new, very simple dinner recipes (less than 10 ingredients). So far they have been a hit; more than that, kt & PCA have been volunteering to cook a couple of times a week. :dance: Always makes mama happy to have someone pitch in willingly around here.

Today, I'm off to GPs office, a pharmacy run then back home to straighten up the house a bit. Our mental health CM, CADI manager & wm's in home therapist are coming here (god bless 'em) to work on wm's risk management assessment, along with the yearly paperwork for CADI, etc, etc, etc,. Each year as I sign this paperwork it gets less painful, more of a reality of life.

I have about 4 bananas that have ripened to the point of needing to be baked - sounds like a morning for banana nut muffins along with the hmj :coffee:

Enjoy your Thursday - I hope it's calm. Hug your loved ones. :flower:

SRL

Good morning, Linda (and those to follow)

My cold and daughter's are better but I'm still on the crazy wake up at 3:30 am schedule so I've joined you in seeing too much of the wee hours.

Windy and chilly is right! I'm sorry to see that our balmy 60's weather has passed and it's 25 degrees this morning. Yesterday I left the garage open so the bunny would get fresh air and a bunch of leaves blew right in.

Hope your errands go smoothly today. My exciting plan is to continue working on the laundry room which was getting impossible to walk through. And we won't even talk about the dust!

Stay warm everyone and Linda, please send some of those muffins my way!

SRL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Good for you for trying new recipes-I'm kind of in a rut right now. I think it's great kt seems to like so many different foods. My difficult child has to be the pickiest eater on earth! Enjoy your banana muffins. Sounds like a busy day ahead-be sure not to overdo. :flower:

SRL-Glad you are feeling better-sorry you are not sleeping. Good luck with that laundry room! :smile:

Today is a conference day so no kiddos just parents unless they come along. I had a lot of conferences last night and more Monday after school so mine are fairly light today.

After I'm done with my conferences we are going to conferences for easy child. Her grades for first semester of high school were pretty good.

Hopefully I'll have enough energy to hit the health club. :smile:I also have to pack as we're headed to the last Michigan game of the season this weekend. We leave tomorrow after work.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and hi if you snuck in while I typed this like a turtle this morning. Stay warm if you are in the Midwest or anywhere it is cold. :skate:

Janna

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Two hour delay at school today, so I actually have about 15 minutes to myself to pop online :surprise: Don't know how that happened, but it's sure nice.

Linda, the muffins sound wonderful! Hope you have a peaceful day today. You should get a nap in, too!

SRL, glad to hear everyone's healthy. The laundry room sounds fun, lol. We get cobwebs. Ugh! Don't work too hard.

Sharon, have fun with the conferences. Good luck with easy child's. The trip sounds good, bundle up though! It's getting cold.

Not much on the agenda for us. Evenings have been pretty quiet here lately. The boys missed a few karate lessons, so we're playing catch up. Went last night, will probably go tonight.

Although it's raining cats and dogs now, which makes me want to go nowhere LOL!

Speaking of parent/teacher conferences, had Jared's. Went well, but alas, the trial of no Concerta showed he definately needed. Teacher said he is good, not a behavioral problem, but he is unable to complete tasks when working independently. Or any other task for that matter LOL! Scatter brained, no focus, no attention, etc. So, after 8 weeks without, he's back on. He, surprisingly, is glad (he asked for the medication back about 6 weeks ago, said it really helped him).

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Thursday Morning

Linda, new recipes are a great thing - they definately take away the meal doledrums! I can smell those banana muffins from here! Sounds like a busy day for you - hope you have some rest scheduled in there :sleeping:

SRL, good to see you on the morning thread :smile: Glad to hear the colds are on the mend. Have fun in that laundry room :surprise:

Sharon, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned :fan:. Hope difficult child holds in together for you guys!

I'm exhausted this morning but filling up on coffee! Last night difficult child showed me not only that he has a gentle heart, but that he has really made strides. He told me when we went upstairs that he wanted to "tuck me in to bed tonight", which means he comes in my room for reading and talking instead of me going in his room. So, we read and talked about our days and just as he was leaving I made the dumb mistake of saying "oh, I cancelled our gamefly membership since you're not using it much anymore and it will save me money"

I guess I could have waited until a better time.....he proceeds to get up from the bed stomp over to the door and yell, "Geeze mom, I had some good games in my que and had earned bonsus!!!!!!" Then he goes out and goes into his room and slams the door.

My kids know that slamming doors is a nono in this house. But you know, I was so tired I just turned out my light and decided to just go to sleep. He would be better in the morning and I'm not going to add to the drama.

So, less than five minutes later, I hear his door sqeaking open and then a nock on my door jam. "Come in" "Mom, I'm sorry" then he crawled up on the bed and gave me a hug and a kiss. "Night mom."

:surprise: What the heck!!!! :surprise: Perhaps there is hope for his levels of frustration. That was the quickest turn around on record. I couldn't help but tell him as he gave me a hug "I love you difficult child, I'm glad you're my son".

Progress....... it hits you when you least expect it!

Enjoy your day all.

Sharon

happymomof2

Good Morning, hope we all have a peaceful day today. Any day that the school does not call me is a good day!!

Seems like most days go pretty well until my son comes home with a bad point sheet - then everything starts going downhill.

Suppose to have rain showers here today and then a cold front coming in. Will be cold and windy over the weekend but here in North Florida at least our cold snaps don't last but a few days then we are back warm again. Will be 36 Sat. morning - that's cold to me!!

Josie

Good Morning everyone. I don't usually post here but had to pop in to say Sharon's story brought tears to my eyes. Anytime a difficult child apologizes so quickly (or at all), it's a wonderful thing.

My day is filled with laundry and studying for a class I'm taking. It is my first class after 20+ years. I enjoy it but have been so distracted by easy child/difficult child that I've gotten behind. When I do get to study, it is a welcome break from my worries.

Have a good day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Thursday morning everyone.

Linda, if I baked and cooked as much as you I would weigh twice what I already do. Who eats all that food?

SRL, I hear you about the laundry room. It's the catch all and quickly gets messy.

Wiped out, glad to hear easy child's grades are good. Hopefully she will grow out of the teen years to be the sweetie you remember. Enjoy that last game. husband is leaving tonight for his alma mater. It's the last game and they historically do a tail gate. It's his version of a guys weekend.

Janna, haven't seen you around in a long time. Nice to hear you do get a few moments to yourself. Sounds like everyone has agreed to your son's need for a medication to help focus.

LDM, how wonderful that your difficult child cared enough to be thoughtful of your feelins. Speaks more to me of all the love and caring and nurturing that you have poured into him. He is reflecting it back to you.

Happymomof2, nice to meet you.

We have been warm. Took the puppies for a long walk in the woods yesterday to enjoy the beautiful 70 ish day. Today is rain and a sudden drop in temps. Finally! I keep thinking it will get cooler but it always rebounds to heat up. Today is soup, fireplace and inside work. Actually there are painters supposed to appear. I'm not optimistic but you never know. I'm definitely going to need rain shoes to take the pups out.

Have a wonderful day. :flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning ladies. :coffee:
I'm on my way out the door. We're having quite a week here: husband is travelling for work and Duckie is being quite the pita. :devil:Brownies was a complete nightmare. I think I won't bring her anymore when husband isn't around to come get her if she acts up. :thumbsdown:
I have to prepare my Sunday School lesson plan this morning, swing into the public library, then work the school's book fair for three hours. With Duckie, since she has a half day. :surprise: After that, I take Duckie to get her hair cut.
Maybe I'll have her head shaved if she doesn't behave at the book fair. :rofl:
Have a great day! :thanksgivingday: