A very good Thursday morning, my friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:warrior: HMJ is brewed & we are on the downslide into the weekend. Just does my heart good to know that we're so close to the weekend - to (excuse my outdoor voice here) RESPITE :smile: :dance: :bravo:!!!!!

Okay, I'm over that until tomorrow morning - hope I didn't wake too many of you this morning.

Today is the usual Thurday kind of day. A few loads of light laundry, have to pay a few bills & a doctor's appointment. Forget which one at this moment or why I'm going in anymore. I'll know when I get there. :wink: :hammer:

Here's to a quiet, cooperative day in your household. Hoping all your lil darlings smile instead of snarl. :angel:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Go ahead and shout! Respite is worth getting excited about!! :dance: I hope whatever dr.'s appointment. you have goes well!

Long day ahead. After work I'm going to the health club on the other side of town, then meeting some friends for dinner at Noodles & Co. and then we'll head to book club :reading:

I hope everyone has a peaceful day! :painter:

LittleDudesMom

:princess: Happy Free Choice Friday Morning :princess:

Linda, respite, what is respite? I've not been without my kids for years!!!! I think the last time I had a day to myself was in the fall of 2005 :surprise: Hope the doctor appointment goes well.

Sharon, you definately have a busy day but it sounds like it'll be worth it. I would love to join a book club - I just purchased four books from Amazon yesterday! Have fun at dinner. :spaghetti:

As Linda said, a typical Thursday here too. I'll be going to the office. I'm going to try and get all my quarterly employment forms done, and then see if I have time to get my annual tax filings, W-2's and 1099's done. I do have payroll and my 10th of the month bills to pay. We'll see..... I just really like this time of the year because I really enjoy all the paperwork - I know, I'm crazy :rolleyes:

Wishing everyone a great Thursday - one more day 'till Friday!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day everybody.

Linda - roll on respite! I read about kt's tantrum. I did my laundry today too.

Sharon, dinner and the book club sounds like fun.

difficult child 3 got banned this evening, from taking his boogie board to the beach next time. The rule is, he MUST get it out of the car on our return. He's forgotten too many times in the last few days.

Despite housework & cooking, I had a quieter day today. I was able to pace myself and rest a bit. Watered the plants - I lost count of how many buckets of tank water I carried, but things were very dry.

Later in the afternoon it was back to the beach again, this time taking mother in law. She's getting more wobbly on her legs, refuses to use a walking stick but I think she's coming round to the idea. Having to crawl back up the steps might be doing the trick.

It was just us at the beach this afternoon, I didn't have to mind any kids other than difficult child 3, and he's quite capable of looking after himself at a beach he is familiar with, so I mostly sat with mother in law and talked, just occasionally going back in for a quick splash and cool-off. She was enjoying the cool breeze and watching the kids on their boogie boards, or skim boards. The water is still warm, almost too warm. I'm sitting here with the fan going, wishing the house were empty so I could strip off and get cooler. And they say tomorrow will be hotter - I'm so glad we live on the coast where it's cooler, than in the west of Sydney.

I'm crock-potting a boiler chook today, I'm wondering how long it's going to take. I'm planning some Turkish recipes tomorrow - beef pide, maybe a chicken pide. Gourmet poverty food again. But if I muck up this chicken, I'll be short some ingredients. I'm a bit rusty with cooking boilers. But the pide should be easy - I can let the dough rise anywhere I want, I don't have to use the oven at the moment, just to let the bread rise. I might make some brioche tomorrow as well. difficult child 1 is coming home with a bigger appetite, his new job is working him hard. I don't like the hours - 7.30 am to 5 pm, 5 days a week plus one weekend out of 4, he also works. No more penalty pay, no more shift loadings. Our new government has not yet had time to throw out the really nasty workplace laws the previous one bulldozed through a year ago. With these laws, you could be told you're working on Christmas Day, but only get paid the standard hourly rate; no public holiday pay or loading at all.

Oh well, it's all work experience for him.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Linda, I can hear you using your outdoor voice from here!!! :rofl:
RESPITE - I think this is one of the BEST words in the English language. Although, like Sharon, I don't have respite services, just daydreaming about being without my difficult children for a full day and evening is sort of like a mini-vacation!!! :happy_new_year:ENJOY!!!:its_all_good:

Sharon, You have a very busy evening planned but it sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy your night!!! :smile: :spaghetti: :reading:

Sharon, Sorry, but I definitely think you are :crazy:!!! Just the thought of all of that paperwork is enough to make me break out in hives!!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new books. :reading:

Marg, I'm glad you had a quieter day and got some much needed rest. Ok, maybe by now, you know I'm going to ask, so what is pide?" I'm glad your mother in law enjoyed the beach. I hope your new government gets rid of those horrible workplace laws ASAP!!! You're right though - Work experience is good for our difficult children.

Well, it's taken me longer than usual to reply here because just as I sat down with my second cup of :coffee:, looking forward to getting caught up, I heard the sound of my difficult child cat throwing up. Unfortunately, she picked the kitchen table as the place she wanted to "decorate." To look on the bright side, it was easier cleaning the table than one of the area rugs nearby...

Today I'm going to check on husband's aunt, do a bit of research to see if I can find any Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) programs nearby for difficult child 2, and stop by my local market for some more veggies. I went to the market yesterday and forgot to buy salad stuff. :hammer: At least I remembered to buy spinach so I was able to serve that at dinner last night. Hopefully it will be sort of a peaceful, not too busy sort of day... Then I'm off to pick up difficult children at school and prepare for the afternoon/evening activities... Our evenings are too busy lately!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :smile: :flower: WFEN

Coookie

Good Morning All,

Linda, Yea for respite and good luck at the doctor. :smile:

Sharon, sounds like you have a full, fun day. :smile:

Sharon, I had forgotten about free choice Friday..good luck with all that paperwork. :smile:

Marg, as usual your cooking sounds interesting and delicious. :smile:

Wishing, it must be something in the air.. I have been cleaning up after my easy child cat all morning. :frown:

Have a few errands to run before work and then I'm off for TWO days. Yahoooooooooooo. :smile:

Really need to try and get this house cleaned.. oh well.. Tomorrow is another day. :smile:

Praying for a peaceful day for all.

Hugs

Cookie,

It's nice to see you here!!! I think I was just starting to come here around the time you started posting less.

I wish we could train our cats to upchuck in their litter boxes!!!WFEN

Coookie

WFEN.. wouldn't that be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: I must say though that I would rather be cleaning up the floor than the table. :rofl:

It is nice to be back.. sometimes we get so busy that we forget the important things in life.. and people.. like those who were here for the very hard times. :frown:

Hugs