A very good Wednesday morning friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Hitting hump day ~ half way thru spring vacation with ktbug under foot. My little wonder is being a tad over the top :angrygirl: & I'm ready to sell her to the gypsies. I'll even pay the gypsies, heck anyone at this point.

Coffee is brewing as I've given up on trying to sleep again tonight. I have physical therapy today & we're heading out for a walk if the sidewalks have been cleared. I'm looking forward to that.

I've got a pot of chili going on the stove for dinner tonight ~ sounded good with the colder than normal temps & the snow (though we got less than an inch so far). That with fresh made cornbread works for me.

I'm off here for a bit to get the newspaper & read it thru then get my day started. I'm sure a nap will happen sooner rather than later.:bloodshot:

Have a good one, friends. Keep it calm out there.:sleeping:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I can certainly understand wanting to pay someone to take your difficult child at times! I hope today is calmer. Glad you will be gettin in a nap! Chili sounds yummy-I'll be over after work!

Is it really only Wednesday? I was so hoping for Friday! We had difficult child's wrestling banquet last night and someone commented to husband and me that we looked exhausted and like we wish spring break would start already-she has no idea how true that statement is!

I'm heading directly to the club after work-I will not pass go or collect $200.00! I simply must get there; I have not been at all good lately in the healthy eating or exercising department!

Enjoy a peaceful day and watch out for :1stapril:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- Enjoy your walk! The chili sounds great.

Sharon- I hope you have an easy day; Friday will be here before you know it.

I'll be picking Duckie up early for her allergist appointment this afternoon then we have Brownies tonight. I hope our parents have all their $$$ from cookies, I'd really like to close the books tomorrow. Other than that we will have a good soaking rain today then warmer temps tomorrow.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day people.

Linda, I hope you get your walk today. The pot of dinner cooking already - that's what I've done today. A great way to plan ahead for a busy day.

Sharon/WO, don't overdo the exercise, if you and husband are already exhausted.

TM, I hope you can get the cookie money organised and finalised. Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

We have rain here today, not in flood quantities unlike the rest of the state. But we do have enough to keep the garden well watered, for which I'm grateful. A busy time, with fresh seedlings in the garden, and nature is doing the job for me. With cooler weather kicking in (plus heavy seas, so the word is out to not go swimming, even if we wanted to) and a busy few days coming up, I've been cooking casseroles today. husband wanted a lamb stew so I threw one together for him, plus I've made a chicken casserole (chook in a truck - the Aussie version of coq au vin). I'll need to put the chicken dish in the fridge overnight so any fat can set and be removed.

It's been a difficult few days - difficult child 3 has two assessment tasks running at the same time, plus two consecutive school attendance days which mean he can't get his assessment task work done, on those days. With a lot of his schoolwork he can do it in the car as we travel, but not the assessment tasks - they require use of the computer and the internet.

Today he got one of them completed - I'm impressed. But the other one, there is still a lot to do. And with Thursday and Friday both booked out for him, he is going to have to work like a navvy to get it done over the weekend if he is to avoid having to fill in a lot of paperwork asking for an extension. Very frustrating.

So in the morning we're handing in one of his assessment tasks, and I'm going to get him to do some schoolwork in the car, to keep things moving.

We've got some stuff to drop off at husband's work, plus a few other things to pick up. Here's hoping the weat weather isn't going to cause traffic problems.

difficult child 3 has a tennis game organised for tomorrow afternoon, but if it's still raining I think the game will be off. We're going prepared anyway.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:1stapril::coffee2::coffee:,

Linda, Lets offer the gypsies a package deal. I'll throw difficult child 1 and difficult child 2 in along with kt... It's nice to dream, isn't it, lol... I hope the sidewalks are cleared so you're able to go for a walk - If it doesn't rain, I'm headed outside soon - I definitely need a good walk this morning!!!

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you're headed to the club today. Don't beat yourself up over the healthy eating and exercising - You've been through so much carp lately. I think we should post more often in the Healthy Living forum - Maybe this will help us get back on track or stay there... Maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes so much WORK!!!

TM, I hope you're able to close out the books from the cookie sales. I remember when easy child was younger - It seems like we ate Girl Scout cookies forever... Prior to husband's heart attack, he bought a bunch of boxes from friends. I've still got some in my freezer... I love the thin mints...

Marg, I hope difficult child 3 is able to complete his assignments on time. I hope the wet weather ends uneventfully - no traffic problems and you're able to enjoy watching the tennis game tomorrow.

If it warms up a bit and if I think I can get my walk in before it rains, I'm headed outside soon. Then I have to work, not forget to pick up fish for dinner, and pick up difficult child 1. difficult child 2 has a social skills program this afternoon. Unfortunately, it isn't very well run and he isn't getting much out of it. However, until the hearing, we're having him attend.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN :flowers:

artana

Good morning all! I am in the middle of a work deadline, but I posted separately to let you know what I have been up to.:)

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:tongue::D
Timer - I am game to use the fresh cornbread as payment to take kt for a few hours. I'll even add one hour if you throw in butter and honey.

Wiped Out - I hope nothing comes up to change your club plans.

Tired - Have fun at Brownies. Were the parents encouraged to collect the money with the order? It is becoming the thing around here these days. A lot faster to deliver that way also.

Marg - I am rooting for difficult child 3 to find time for it all. If the tennis is cancelled, will that help with the computer time?

Wishing - Good luck with your busy day today.

Schools are 2 hours late with busses running on plowed roads only. I want so bad to get into work this morning. difficult child is not ready to be home "alone" this morning (Diva's home but she is downstairs). If the roads to work were not bad, I would have gone in for a few hours and then back to take difficult child to school. Diva says the roads were terrible when she got home about 1:00 (?) this morning. I can't leave difficult child at home not knowing if I could make it back into our driveway if he needed me to so I will go in two hours late and tell the teacher I am unavailable for the social studies class.

I haven't heard the official amount of snow but yesterday when I shoveled a path down our driveway, it was almost up to my knees. Fortunately it looks like the computer took the snow out of the forcast for tomorrow and Friday! I think I will go into work this weekend to catch up. I get sooo close to feeling like I am making headway and then things happen like snow days! I need a few more good days of quiet to plow through and catch up with three more projects.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.