A vow of celibacy~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:D So difficult child informs me that she's taken a vow of celibacy...........:rofl:

The other day she told me she hadn't had sex in something like 4 months. That Monkeyboy was all about himself, if you know what I mean, and she didn't want to bother with it anymore if it wasn't going to be decent for her too. Hmmm, okay.

Yesterday, I asked her when she's starting the BC patch because her periods were messed up and so she skipped a month. I wasn't too worried since she and MB had broken up. Anyway, she said she had her period for only one day and she's starting the patch on Sat (today). I then said, "Well, there's no chance you could be preggo, right?" fully expecting to hear an emphatic "no!" but instead I got a squirrely smile....oh man, here we go, right?

She stated that she had sex ONCE, with a guy she was kind of seeing before she hooked up with MB!!!!!!! In his TRUCK!!!!!! Last week!!! :why:At least they used protection. I didn't say anything except, "Stop giving it up so freakin easy..." She then stormed off accusing me of calling her a wh.o.re, which I did not...we've had this discussion many MANY times about WAITING (not for marriage - I'm not that naive - but at least be IN a relationship for cripes sakes).

Later in the car, she said, :hearye:"That's it, I've decided to take a vow of celibacy, Mom." I almost drove off the road. :faint::rofl:

I mean, really...why does she make these statements?? I just nod and say, "Okay, that sounds like a good idea." I mean, c'mon.

DazedandConfused

Oh boy...too much information!

Still, I'm reminded of that epidsode of Seinfeld when Kramer makes of vow of silence. Of course, he keeps breaking it by talking and then vows again afterwards, "starting NOW".

I glad she had the forethought to use protection.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope she wasn't fibbing about protection. That squirrely smile makes me wonder. That's the last thing you need to worry about. ugh

Another case of too much information, except that now you know to watch for pregnancy symptoms. You might want to have her take a preg test before starting that patch just in case, since the last period was only a single day. BC and embryos don't make a good match.

Hugs

witzend

There was also the Seinfeld where they all took a vow... oh, never mind. I know you all know the one the I mean. Kramer made it about 2 minutes!

barbie

MOM of 3
celibacy, aint so hard, I been celibate for 4 yrs since March 30, 2004 to be precise. I worked for an OBGYN for three years and if that isnt enough to scare the **** out of you, just wait while youre preparing a depo-provera, just waiting for a negative pregnancy test, only to turn around and say, eh, you're not getting this shot today, but I still get to stick you? LOL. I can have that talk, you know the one with anyone kids, Ive volunteered for co-workers to have them get groups of kids together and I can do it as a group, visit some teen moms house, heck, visit my house. (Our kids seem to be natural birth control, atleast Eric for me, I know I dont want one more kid, period)

I watched one girl come from Jersey, clean as can be, girl was counseled, we told her Miami has a high quantity of people with herpes, lo and behold a month later this girl comes back and had sores, didnt cry for that, but cried like an infant when I had to draw her blood to check for anything more serious. Is that insane or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Vow of what? Celery?

Is that where the Mom doesn't get a stick of vegetable in her bloody mary?