a wee update

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i am just so tired of nausea/vomiting. i just can't say. for the third month in a row i've been diagnosis'd with-malnutrition. can't seem to hold food down. my latest orders are to eat ANYTHING ~~~ even high potassium foods, which are normally limited/forbidden.......just eat!!! so that is my mission this week. if it strikes my fancy....eat lol. otherwise i could end up on a feeding tube :spaghetti: :spaghetti: :spaghetti: :spaghetti: </span> </span> </span> . so wish me luck!

kris

LittleDudesMom

:spaghetti: :sushi: :spaghetti: :sushi: :spaghetti: :sushi: :spaghetti: :sushi: :spaghetti:

Kris, thanks for update and here's to finding some good stuff that you can enjoy and your body can take!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
kris, how horrible it must be to feel hungry and not hold it down. Is there anything that works? Saltines? toast and jam,soup? I know you are a fussy eater but a feeding tube is a real motivator in my book. My dad had one but one of his strokes interferred with swallowing.

Are you able to drink anything?
Hang in there kris. We are all pulling for you to get through this tough time.
Keep us updated.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am sorry Kris - can you get a couple of cans of Ensure just to get some vitamins in you. SO had a little bout of not being able to eat, and the doctor prescribed this for him till he was a little more on an even keel. Said he even felt a bit energized after a few cans..

Marcie

Kathy813

Staff member
kris,

I'm thinking about you and cheering you on. If I was in Florida I would come by and get you and we could go to that Bob Evans close to you and have a nice big breakfast again.

I think I gained several pounds after that breakfast last time. Those biscuits were wonderful.

Maybe you should have Sarah go get you some right now!

Keeping you in my thoughts, my friend.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry to hear you can't keep the food down....ugh.....hope you find something that will stay in your stomach and give you some nutrition.......thinking of you....

Nancy

kris I am very worried. You sounded so weak when I talked to you the other day. I wish I could do more than just send you my best thoughts and wishes that you get stronger and back to normal.

Hugs,
Nancy

Lothlorien

If you are still having a hard time keeping stuff down, there is a suppository the doctor can give you to stop the nausea. It's given to chemo patients and it was given to me once when I had a really bad bout of nausea. If you find yourself not able to keep it down over the weekend, call doctor and ask him for it.

Hope you feel better.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry you are having a hard time still... hang in there... and eat!!! How often do you get to hear that!!!

EAT!!!!

busywend

:smile:
Malnutrition!

Yikes!

Find something that settles your tummy. Is there anything to take before eating that would help?
Geesh! Seems like an old problem that should have a solution these days! Ya know?

I think you should make a list of items you need to try out. Perhaps something you do not even think about will actually work. Maybe even something you do not particularly like?

susiestar

Roll With It
Kris,

I hope you can manage to get some nutrition. Maybe Balance bars? they have protein and carbs adn vitamins and other stuff. My kids often can eat these when nothing else stays down.

Do ask the doctor for nausea medications. The supporitories, or if you have a compounding pharmacy nearby you could get a rub-on gel formula of phenergan.

Sending hugs and prayers,

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kris,

Time to go with your gut - and eat the things that pop into your mind. Sorry you are still not feeling well. Wrapping you with a hug.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kris,

Good to see you again - have no suggestions on what you might/could keep down. During chemo my mom did the ensure/balance shake thing. Lots of smoothies. Finally just plain ice cream shakes & malted milks. Whether that appeals to you or not is just a guess.

Sending daily prayers for your recovery & nutrition needs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Also sending hugs and prayers your way. I hope that you are able to find some foods you can hold down.