A worry off our minds....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Remember when I said husband had messed up the taxes due to not filing because he and Travis had not worked? Well, Travis got that notice to appear in the mail, had to work on getting his missing w2 forms for the years in question.

Today was the day he met with them. He did it alone. Dressed decent and made sure he took his cane and all the paperwork.

Woman was impressed he showed up early. (easy child and I dropped him off) Impressed he brought all his paperwork. Impressed he was not asking for an extension. He explained that the first year they were questioning him about he made less that 3k because that was the year kroger fired him, so husband thought since he was under the income limit he didn't need to file with them. He'd only filed with fed and state to get back any funds Travis had paid in. The following years he didn't work. And showing her the cane, he explained he can't see to read the print to do the paperwork himself. (true)

The woman filled out all the missing tax forms for him AND filled out the forms for 2011 for him too, so he won't have to do it or have someone else do it. He owes only the 75.00 in late filing fees. She told him since he's now filed there is no rush to pay the fees. That maybe he can wait until his disability kicks in. :)

Whew. And not too horrible. And yes, he played the disabled card, the blind card, and the my dad just passed away card. And I don't feel bad about it either. When dealing with tax people, one needs to play every card they got.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
That's great! Way To Go Travis! Way to "play" the hand he was dealt. THAT is how it SHOULD WORK.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. I didn't mean he was doing what katie does. I was just proud of him for not hiding why his dad was doing his taxes and making it obvious. So often he tries to hide his disabilities......and usually it winds up hurting him when he does. That's what I was worried about. Know what I mean??

InsaneCdn

Yup. I didn't mean he was doing what katie does. I was just proud of him for not hiding why his dad was doing his taxes and making it obvious. So often he tries to hide his disabilities......and usually it winds up hurting him when he does. That's what I was worried about. Know what I mean??

He just played the cards in the hand life has dealt him... no card tricks here.
<smile>

DDD

Sounds like he did a great job. Won't he be getting a refund since his wages were so low? That should cover the fees. DDD