A WTH Moment While Shopping (Funny)

susiestar

Roll With It
husband was exhausted today and we needed a few things badly, so I managed to get myself together and go to the store with Jessie. Things were okay, and we managed to get what we needed.

Then we rounded the corner of the juice aisle. There was a display on the side of the endcap that stopped me cold. I pointed to Jessie and we both cracked up.

Right there, next to the prune juice, was an entire display of toilet seats!!! I have NO idea why toilet seats (shelves of the same one, floor to top shelf, quite a lot of them) were in the juice aisle. Maybe in the toilet paper aisle I could see it, but next to the prune juice????

Sometimes retail just makes you say, "WTH???" and laugh!

Mattsmom277

HAHAHAHAHA! THank you! I've been up all night the second night in a row, couldn't sleep from aching and nerve pain. (thankfuly slept a bit through the day but I'm bleary eyed and miserably exhausted) I needed a good chuckle this morning :) I'd have lost it if I'd seen that. You should go back and take a picture to send some of the late night talk shows or the view or something

donna723

Maybe it wasn't a mistake! I've seen them do things like that in the store before, grouping 'related' items together, like if you need one, you might also need the other. Like they have a small display of coffee filters next to the coffee and a little display of vanilla wafers in the produce section by the bananas in case you want to make banana pudding! Maybe they think the two of them are related, and in a way, they are! :wink-very:

In some chain stores, the local people don't have a say in what is displayed where. We have one local discount store that gets really annoying because they keep rearranging everything and it's hard to find what you're looking for. Just when you think you know where everything is, they move it again! They get little diagrams from their head office that shows exactly where everything is supposed to be displayed on the shelves.

J

joneshockey

Thanks for the laugh... I agree you should go back to the store and take a picture of it - Seeing is believing!

susiestar

Roll With It
This is our smaller "old" walmart. They opened a bigger one on the outskirts of town by the rich area a year or two ago. The smaller one (which is huge, by the way) is now being remodelled. I don't think this was as much planned by the head office as it was done by some of the staff. They have done stuff like that during other remodels when directions come down that don't make sense (happens often).

It was clearly NOT an accident because it had special paper lining the shelves and there were 4-5 shelves, each with 4-8 toilet seat/lid sets on them!!

I am glad y'all found this as funny as we did. I am still chuckling over it!