AA lead tonight

Nancy

Yesterday was the one year anniversary for a young man my difficult child met in rehab. He was instrumental in convincing difficult child to go into a sober house last March. He is doing the lead tonight at his home group and I'm going. He is living in a regular house with other young sober people and going to community college and has a great girlfriend now. He really liked difficult child but difficult child did not like him as a boyfriend. I really wish she did. I am so proud of him and have him to thank for difficult child doing as well as she is today. Even though she has had her struggles he has been there each time to help guide her back.

Nancy

buddy

That is really nice nancy. Sounds like he is a really good influence. I dont know what being "lead" involves, but clearly it is an honor and wish him well for me. He is obviously lucky to have you in his corner too.

DDD

That's terrific. Every success story helps us hope for the best. So glad you're going. DDD

S

Signorina

That's really great news and very encouraging to moms of difficult children everywhere!

Star*

call 911........call 911
PHenominal and extremely hard work! Congratulations to him! Excellent report - thanks Nancy.

Nancy

The meeting was great. Almost made husband and I wish we were alcoholics instead of just parents of an alcoholic. Their meetings are awesome, so much better than ours. If ours were erun like this I would go to one every night. No wonder they love to go to meetings.

The lead was powerful. He did such a good job. His parents were there and afterward many of his fellow sober house roomies talked and said such nice things about him. He is only 19 years old and has come so far in a year. I told his mother after the meeting that her son was the one that talked our difficult child into going into the sober house after we kicked her out and wouldn't let her back in so he is partly responsible for her sobriety. She was so happy to hear that and said she remembered us from the treatment center.

I'm glad we went. It was emotional but so uplifting.

Nancy