Aaaaaaaaaaah, sweet respite...

greenrene

Should I feel guilty for feeling this excited? Probably. But difficult child has been tapdancing on my very last nerve for quite a while now, so...

My inlaws, who live next door to us, have a second home in another state, pretty far from here. They spend about half the year there (here in FL we call people like that "snowbirds"). They're leaving FL in a little over a week, and they're taking difficult child with them! The rest of us are going out there next month, so that means I get about a 3 week break from difficult child!

It will be good for difficult child too - time with grandma by herself without any cousins to compete with or be jealous of. I am STOKED!

cubsgirl

That sounds like a great idea .... for everyone in the family. You deserve a break and difficult child can enjoy all the attention she'll get.

B

Bunny

Do NOT feel guilty!! Enjoy the quiet time and I hope that difficult child has a great time with Grandma. That alone time is so good for them.

greenrene

Ok good I'm glad that you guys get it... I love her so much, but goshdarnit she is so hard to like sometimes... I feel awful for her too because just about EVERY aspect of her life is a struggle. She's really pretty, but everything else - grades, social skills, etc is just so hard for her.

And yes, I am very very lucky to have a wonderful supportive family. There's no way in heck I'd live next door to my inlaws if they weren't awesome!

Tomorrow she graduates from 8th grade (even though she's repeating it at a new school in the fall), Monday she flies out. We all need this SO much!