Aaaggghhhh! I want to scream! Way Off topic!

lovelyboy

I broke one of my foot bones last night! My right foot!
My little difficult child is an angel helping me! I am so surprised! He loves the control!!
They have put a full half leg plaster of paris on!!!! Its high summer, warm.....I cant walk without 2 cruches! I cant drive, do shopping! How am I going to do the psychiatrist thing next week! School is starting!
Hopefully the dr will make another plan tomorrow! If I need to do the cruches thing for 6 weeks I will go mad! The cruches is bruising me....my hands is bruised!!!!! This only after 1 day!!!!!!

InsaneCdn

1) hugs...
2) logistical nightmare... been there done that. Trying not to go there again, but I'm such a klutz... hopefully, not for another 2 years, so that K1 can drive...!

buddy

Can you bend at the knee then? DO you guys have those little leg carts? They look like a scooter but you rest your leg on it knee bent and then drive it around. Driving is a problem... very hard to switch feet.

I am so sorry this happened but got a kick out of difficult child really loving to help you. my mom used to have days when we were the moms.... we had to decide dinner etc. She never went too far of course and we were pretty compliant kids, but we loved being the nurturing ones. my mom would laugh so hard when we put her shoes on etc.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, oh, oh!!!

How awful. One thing my Dad did with crutches was pad the arms and handles with rags. Would that help any do you think?

trinityroyal

I was going to suggest the same thing StepTo2 did. When I was on crutches for 3 months, I wrapped face flannels around the handles, and added padding to the top pads.

I don't know if anyone has shown you the proper technique for crutches, but you're not supposed to rest your underarms on them. You're supposed to press the tops into the sides of your rib cage, abut 3 inches below the underarms. Gives you much better control and doesn't hurt your hands nearly as much.

Trinity

Malika

Sorry to hear that, lovelyboy. Enforced rest!! :)
I'm not surprised your difficult child is being angelic and helpful. My one is also that way around ill people. Give him the benefit of the doubt - maybe he really likes being needed! Most people do, it seems.