AAARRRGGGHHH!!! husband is Being a difficult child....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So our lease is up and we are moving (fun - NOT!)...

and we are having a big garage sale.

So - whom do you guess has started all the work on this project? Yep. Me.

And what is husband doing?

Well, every once in a while he makes a BIG announcement that this is gonna be a TON of work. OK - well....no surprise there.
But then he doesn't actually do anything helpful other than b*tch and moan about how hard it is going to be.

Yesterday, I washed down some things for the garage sale, puts tags on and moved them out to the garage. We are getting rid of an entertainment center, so I grabbed a storage box so i could move all the music and movie CD / DVDs out of the entertainment center. I was booking right along until I found that one drawer was completely filled with homemade music CDs that husband had burned but never listens to...plus he had some computer odds and ends in there. Since I have no idea what he wants to keep and what he wants to throw away - I asked him to please go through it quickly so I could keep going...

Well, he didn't feel like it - too busy doing nothing. Well, it is his stuff - so I set it aside for him...and that was it for the night.

This morning? He starts his day by hollering about how there's too much to do! Look at everything - all this is gonna be hard work!

WTH? And why am *I* getting hollered at? Since I am the one who seems to be actually doing the work - while husband is too busy???

Ugh!!!! MEN!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have found that this is the same here. HOWEVER - even though it is THEIR mess, and they SHOULD be responsible and WE are cruising right along doing the LIONS share of the work? They lack motivation. I think maybe (for me) I would say something like - Okay I'm going to do A, B, C, and you've done everything else -but if you could just tackle this one thing for me that I can't seem to get done - I'd apprecaite it -and then we'd be closer to done. (NO WHERE NEAR DONE - BUT I said CLOSER) And then I give him - things that I want him to do - But I have to make it seem like I just can't do it without him doing it. He revels in that. YES I can open the pickle jar - I can bench 250 lbs. But I have to bring him the pickle jar because he needs me to have him open the pickle jar.

There are really legitimate things he can do that I can't - and vise versa - but I learned this little neat trick.........FROM HIM. This is how he got ME to do the lions share. ROFL.

susiestar

Roll With It
My husband is doing little for the move. I am doing little for 2 reasons. One, my body hates me and is screaming from the pain. I do what I can, and the rest? Won't get done. husband? Won't do anything. We have boxes I packed when we moved when Wiz was 17 mos. They are still packed, maybe got opened one time. They are NOT getting moved again. I am NOT packing his stuff ever. I told him last time was the last time I packed his koi and I meant it. He is waiting for me to do it and I just won't. Can't at this point, but if I wa shealthy and able bodied I still would NOT do it.

Put his stuff in a garbage bbag. If he wants it, he will move it. If he doesn't? Throw it away. Youonly have to do this 1 or 2 times. Then they get smarter and either deal with it or it isn't your problem.

Also don't ask. Tell. It works if you can do the mom voice. My husband didn't always respond but he likes not being greeted by a female in a fury so now he obeys on the rare occasions I give a direct order. I don't abuse it, but when it needs to happen, it happens and he ALWAYS knows he could have avoided it by not being an idiot. And yes, that is an arrogant statement - one I have learned is exactly the attitude he needs me to have. I hate it, I don't ever want to be that way, but when it has to be, someone has to be the adult.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I so know where you're coming from. Anything of husband's that he refused to go through and sort, wound up in the trash or sold. If he complained, I pointed out to him that I DID ask him to go through it and I was not a mind reader. But since he never listens to them, he'll more than likely never miss them. IF he misses them after you move? You're answer is, "Gosh, they must've gotten lost during the move!" and use your best innocent face.

A few times of selling/tossing, husband got the message. It would be cleaned up/packed regardless if he helped or not.......if there was the slightest chance he might want something of what I was going through he'd better go through it himself asap or else.

by the way, husband rarely helped pack for a move or a yard sale. husband's stuff got thinned out regularly. :rofl:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
OK - so it sounds like this is a fairly common problem between husbands and wives during moving time...

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

Thankfully, husband pitched in quite a bit last night - so he is off the $#*! list...

(for now) !