Abbey is rallying around

F

flutterbee

Thank you for all the good thoughts.

This morning when I gave her her medications, she was still hot to the touch and just limp. About 2 hours later she was in the hall growling at the other cats - which she only does when she doesn't feel good and wants to be left alone. She made it into the kitchen, sniffed the food and just sat down. So, I got out the tuna, put some on a plate and put her on the counter with it (to keep the other cats away) and she scarfed it down. She was still to weak to get down from the counter by herself. But, she ate and she no longer felt hot!

She spent most of the evening on one of the kitchen chairs. She did nibble a bit at the cat food. I gave her her evening dose of medications, but I think I got as much ON her as in her. Yep, she's definitely feeling better. Starting tomorrow, the medications go in the tuna! :capitulate:

I've had sick animals before, but even after Puddles had that major surgery, came home and spiked a fever of 105 he'd raise his head up and meow at me. Abbey was just so limp. Scared me to death.

I really appreciate all the support. I wasn't feeling good about it until she ate. It looks like she's going to be ok.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad she is rallying! Don't worry about getting medications ON her. Cats lick themselves clean. You can give a water hating cat medications by mixing them into a paste and putting htem on the back of a paw. They lick it off.

But it is such wonderful news about Abbey. Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

TerryJ2

Yaaay! I'm so glad the medications are kicking in. Cranky is good. Well, at least short term. :)
I read somewhere about some animal healer who could find out what was bothering dogs or cats or horses simply by touching them. It seemed magical, until one day, after one of my dogs had been listless and had not eaten, I petted her and her hip and tummy were very hot to the touch. I took her to the vet and she had an infection. Some magic, ha!
Here's some more healing energy through the DSL for your sweetie's continued healing-----