About those yard machines....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm the proud owner of a lawnmower, snow blower, weed whacker, leaf blower, etc, etc, etc.

Some take red gas & others don't. The question is which takes what? Who the heck mixed up red gas in the regular gas can? Does it matter?:sigh::whoopdedoo: It really does.

wm & his therapist were finally able to start my lawnmower ~ it was blowing smoke so badly you couldn't see what you were mowing. therapist with wm inspects further, Hmmmm...red gas in the mower, not regular. Was my mower dead? Nah ... now if regular gas was put into my snowblower that's a different story entirely. :twister2:

Next step is to siphon red gas out of mower. wm was willing & even eager to volunteer to siphon gas out into a bowl so we can set it on fire (littel pyro :wildone:). I was almost willing if I was allowed to hold a lit match to wm's face while he's attempting this.

Okay, hit the auto supply store to purchase a siphon. Dude in store trying to sell me this incredibly expensive siphon that's used for oils & fluids, not gas. I don't think so.

Home with the new siphon & the directions are "illiterate" or I am.:talkhand:

Had to place mower on the deck & the container at the bottom of deck stairs to get this nasty red gas out of my lawnmower. Accomplished that little task. Fine onto mowing.

What happens? Well it worked:bravo: however it started raining to beat the band. The lawn may never get mowed & I'll have wasted that money on a friggin siphon.

I hate yard machines. Really really do. :capitulate:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
husband isn't very fond of them either.

It finally stopped raining long enough to attempt to mow...................and the stupid spring on the pull cord popped off. His fingers are too large to put it back on. Now he has to wait until sister in law comes over to put it back on again, By then I figure by then it will be raining again. ugh

I've never seen so much rain.

Steely

I vote for a cow or goat.
I hate those machines! I sold them all when I moved to az.......nothing to mow or blow here except sand.
I can totally empathize.
Maybe wm and therapist can pull up all of your grass and make your yard into a xeri-scape?? Now there is some real labor :)