About to Tear My Hair Out

Lillyth

DS is driving me NUTS! This is the second time he has been suspended in the last few weeks!

I haven't been on for a while because things were going pretty well. We got him into a High Functioning Autism class at a new school.

But he has been blowing up lately. EVERYTHING is a fricking battle with him. That part I might even be able to take, but then he blames what he did on everyone else, like "Oh, it's YOUR fault you took away the points - I would have more points if YOU didn't keep taking them" or, "I wouldn't have pushed her if she didn't make me mad - she earned it!"

I'm at my wits end. I even started researching voluntary foster care. Yes, my husband takes him most of the weekend, but I get him up every morning, I have to deal with his homework (which is always a chore), and I'm the one who has to deal with the school all the time.

I just don't know what to do about his behavior. I will tell him to stop doing something, then he will stop, then do it one more time. So I take away points. At which point he blames ME for taking the points away from him.

I'm exhausted, and really, the only way I am ever happy around him is if I am pretending.

And I'm just sick & ****ing tired of pretending.

:faint:

Thanks for listening, guys.

Heartsick

I am new here also, and I can identify with your frusturation. I am at a loss as to how to help you, but should you tear your hair out I know a good wig maker. On the serious side, be thankful you have some breaks on the weekends.

Lillyth

I am new here also, and I can identify with your frusturation. I am at a loss as to how to help you, but should you tear your hair out I know a good wig maker. On the serious side, be thankful you have some breaks on the weekends.
Thanks. Though I really can't tear my hair out, as I am to be the Maid of Honor at a wedding next month, and I don't think the bride would like that.

As for the breaks, I AM thankful. Very thankful. I LIVE for the weekends...

Josie

Since I see your son is on the girlfriend/CF diet, I have to ask if you are sure he isn't eating anything he shouldn't? Even traces of something in a new food or from a restaurant.

My 2 girls and I are all on the girlfriend/CF diet. All of us can be very irritable and/or explosive if we have even a trace of gluten and/or casein. One of my daughters is defiant and oppositional if she cheats. For me, the effects can sometimes last 2 1/2 weeks!

Lillyth

Since I see your son is on the girlfriend/CF diet, I have to ask if you are sure he isn't eating anything he shouldn't? Even traces of something in a new food or from a restaurant.

My 2 girls and I are all on the girlfriend/CF diet. All of us can be very irritable and/or explosive if we have even a trace of gluten and/or casein. One of my daughters is defiant and oppositional if she cheats. For me, the effects can sometimes last 2 1/2 weeks!
Thanks for asking. Actually, believe it or not, he's really good. We don't eat out, so we know he's good there, but I WILL bring it up & make sure at our Emergency IEP Tuesday morning.

I wonder though... He *does* seem better on the weekends. Perhaps he is sneaking something?

I think also, one of the paras just rubs him the wrong way... Yet another thing I will be bringing up at the meeting.