absolute nitemare

Jena

ok heading to the hospital tmrw morning at 7, for a 9 a.m. visit with-team of doctor's, a psychaitrist, etc. they'll give her a once over and decide what medical tests need to be done and based off that what we should do with her. they cant' take her into day hospital until she is eating unfortunately. i have no idea what this means for us. but i trust my peditrician so here is hoping.

Jena

makes no sense right? oh your kids not eating we cant' have her in an acute hospital setting, we cant' put her into day hospital because she isn't eating...................................round and round we go. why do i have a strong sense i'll be living in oregon for a mos.

smallworld

Jen, she has to be medically stable before she's in a day treatment facility. Right now she's too ill. Which acute hospital setting won't admit her because she's not eating?

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Jena, I am horrified at what happened to your difficult child. When all this settles down and she is stable medically, I hope you will consider lodging a formal complaint with the licensing board. I would suggest taking some time in the next day or so to type up everything you can remember and save it on your computer. I know from experience that if you don't do this within a few days, the details tend to get foggier. That way if you just can't deal with any formal complaints in the near future, you've at least got it all written down somewhere. Not to mention, banging out those issues on a keyboard can be very therapeutic :)

klmno

Not to mention, banging out those issues on a keyboard can be very therapeutic

No kidding! I wrote pages and pages of "drafts" of letters, timelines, etc., regarding difficult child and the legal system last year. I didn't send half of them and the few I did actually send were condensed to about 10% after I was finished with them but the writing it out does really help sort it all out and keeps you from stuffing it all inside.

Jena

small place that totally screwd her up and discharged her. that's what i meant. plus i'll never put her in another hospital unless i'm allowed to be near her all the time.

klmno yes i see your pt and totally agree yet right now i am too busy just getting house back in order and unloading truck still. in time i'll pounce gotta work on her first. she's in a good mood tonight my step daughter is here their sitting down watching videos right now. she drank a decent amt today 1 gatorade, 1 glass of apple juice, half cup chocolate milk. and 1 small liquid yogurt. she has no desire to eat anymore sooo weird. than on the other hand she's trying to manipulate certain things. ooh she is soo multi layered it's astounding. and all the medications seem to be working their way out quickly. shes totally alert now and verbal

idohope

So sorry that you and difficult child had to go thru this. You and she will be in my thoughts. You did what you thought was best but there are times that the medical establishment really lets people down (and this goes way beyond that).

klmno

Oh, now I definitely think there's some manipulation going on. I didn't so much before be if she has snapped out of some of this and willing to drink and eat a little and is smiling once she got you to do what she wanted, there's some manipulation mixed in. I'm not saying that's all of it. But it does appear that when she gets what she wants, she is able to get something in herself.

graceupongrace

Oh, Jena, I'm so sorry.

It all sounds completely awful. No, beyond awful. This is such a complicated situation, I can see why it's hard to sort out cause from effect.

I hope that if you have to deal with another hospital team you can set up some protocols for communication with the staff. It's so important to work as a partnership where each party brings something to the mix (the docs have medical knowledge, you have mom insights and experience, etc.) and everyone tries to solve this together. The last people didn't seem interested in that.

Hugs and prayers.

H

HaoZi

*HUGS* to you and yours Jen. Not much I can add except that it might also be a good idea to not give her magazines or let her on computer, etc, if she triggers from seeing others with EDs or even talking to them. I know a lot of EDs support each others' efforts to be thin thin thin, so if you suspect anything like that you'll need to be very vigilant.