Ace again...he is a easy child/difficult child, LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
As for the "come and go" nature of Ace's problem, kidney stones come to mind. I know people who have a bad day or two, then are better, then it gets worse again.

The other thing that comes to mind is that maybe Ace has asked difficult child to let him out those nights and difficult child has not, so Ace has had to go inside because difficult child wouldn't let him out. Just a thought.

Until you get a thunder shirt, you might try a regular dog shirt that fits snugly. It can help though not as much as the other one.

Steely

I had this problem with my dog Chester. For him, it was normal to pee every night or every other night on the kitchen floor. I did a bunch of vet tests and his Uric Acid was high, and so they thought he had kidney problems. We tried special food, nothing worked. At the time I lived in a house that was hard wood floors and tile, and I just got used to cleaning up the mess, because a puppy pad made no sense to him.
When I moved to AZ I leased a really nice new townhouse with white carpet - and I could imagine chester ruining it in about .5 seconds. So I bought him regular diapers, kid's diapers, and he wore those the whole time I lived there. He was also really old by this time, so that didn't help. But the diapers worked like a complete charm. Just cheap old Wal Mart brand kids diapers.
He was adopted form the pound at 2 yo - and I have to believe this is why the people gave him up for adoption. Poor buddy.
But like I said, go to the vet first and see what might be going on. It was helpful for me to know that this problem was with his kidneys, and not him just being a willfull brat.
Good luck.