Ack! It's how they got it out...

DammitJanet

Happens more often than you think. Tony has been shot in the foot, the hand and if he ticks me off many more times...some more important places may get aimed at!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
and if he ticks me off many more times...some more important places may get aimed at!

:rofl:

Ouch! But nothing compared to some poor guy who had a tree branch about 4 in in diameter sticking out of his head. He walked away from it too. But it took the docs much longer to figure out how to remove it without creating even more damage.

Nice that the guy is ok though.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Can't believe there wasn't someone in the room with a video camera as they took this out......Claw hammer???? Who knew docs wore a tool belt?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lothlorien

Bleck!

You'd be surprised how many carpenter's tools are used in surgery. Of course they are sterilized and some are made out fo surgical steel, but don't be surprised if you see a Makita drill in the surgery room, if you go in for a procedure.

TerryJ2

Wow. Sort of Vietnam era medicine. I like it. Why complicate things when you don't have to? I like that dr!

Abbey

Spork Queen
All I can say is OUCH. What a weird thing to happen. I don't think I'd be walking my dog anytime soon.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
In 7th grade I put a crochet needle through my hand accidentally. My dad grabbed nippers to cut it on the way to the hospital.

They were going to have me wait 1-2 hours until maintenance could get there with a tool to cut it (It was a very fine crochet needle). I had a hissy about wanting my dad cause he oculd do it. So tehy brought him back to the ER room and sure enough, the doctor had my dad cut the needle. They didn't even clean the nippers, though I got a round of antibiotics.

To this day we don't ever let my dad see me with a crochet needle.

Marguerite

I'd be worrying about infection getting into the brain from a wound like that. Fair enough to just pull it out, but how did they clean the wound? Although I suppose the nail would have been pretty much sterile (not having been handled at all, or been kicking around in a bloke's tool box). Still, that's a deep, narrow wound and I would hope they made sure that bacteria from the scalp weren't driven deep into his brain.

Marg