Ack! She's coming home!

TerryJ2

I had no idea that easy child had a "fall break." She wrote me on Facebook.
I love her. She's fun and funny.
But difficult child is attached to her old computer by an umbilical--uh--computer cable. He's grounded off of her computer for a variety of reasons, mostly because he's addicted and needs to do schoolwork, but also because it's got Internet.
Last wk he was home sick 3 days ... but not sick enough to break into her room 3 times before he got careless with-the screwdriver and nearly popped the knob out of the door. (He used a tiny screwdriver like you use for eyeglass repair, and very gently and carefully went behind the base and popped the lock. I thought I was losing my mind, since I had the key in my pocket, or that he had found a copy somewhere.)
I was just going to leave it, but now I have to paint the door and tighten the knob.
Funny, how you learn how to live with-dysfunction, but when a new element factors in, you realize how long you've been turning a blind eye.
easy child will flip when she sees her doorknob. So, I'll fix it rather than have a confrontation. What's the point? difficult child has already been punished.
My life makes me so tired. :faint:

Lori4ever

So sorry you're going through this. but I do understand. It's always the same way with mine. Sometimes it seems like the road will never end, but somehow, we always find our way. Is there a way to let her know what happened in advance, if you think she will notice? This way you can explain to her that he has been scolded by you. I know how hard that type of situation is.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Terry

You know - she may not flip at all......Sometimes when kids go away to college they start realizing that Moms things are Moms things etc...etc. And technically that door knob is yours. (okay I'm really going for broke here) but Know what I mean??

As far as the little 007 man there? You have to get more creative gal. Like when he is grounded off the computer? You take the internet cable. Or you get a safe and lock up all the mouse /mice? in the house. Yes it's a pain - but give him NOooooooooooo excuses.

Or - you reset the administrator password on your computer and he has to get YOU to log on first to let him log on ......see?

There are ways you can do this without it being a total drag for you.

And YOUNG MAN!!!!! WHEN YOUR MOM GROUNDS YOU OFF THE COMPUTER THIS DOES NOT MEAN GET MORE CLEVER AND BREAK INTO THE ROOM. SHAME SHAME......:mad: - Love you yes....but no more playing SPY. :alien:

TerryJ2

Thanks. :)

Yes, he is clever.

I think telling her is a good idea. She knows he loves her computer.

I thought I'd hidden all the mouses (meece?) but they keep appearing. I think they breed in closets.

He insists he didn't touch the doorknob. Denial, denial, denial.