acne and zoloft?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by crazymama30, Jan 10, 2010.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

So does anyone know if zoloft can worsen already oily skin? I have been plagued by acne, on my face and neck. Really big ones!

2. jal

jal Member

I suffer too, but am not on any medications. Have you tried Proactive? I've had great results.

3. crazymama30

going to have to try something, this is painful. Could be stress too. who knows

4. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

5. crazymama30

Nice. I am going to wait for awhile and see if this calms down. I hate to switch as this is working, but at the same time I do not like looking like a volcanoe face. I usually have some of this, but it worsens when I get my period. Maybe that is coming up.

Thanks for the info flutter, I looked in the PDR online, and it did not list the above symptoms.

6. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

I have cystic acne that has just gotten worse with age - and probably medications - so I feel your pain. Because I am already predisposed, any medication that lists acne as a possible side effect is just going to worsen it for me.

7. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I didn't realize it til about a year ago, but I"ve fought acne my adult life. Went to an allergist last year that told me I had metabolic syndrome, which is just 4 or 5 markers that predispose me to diabetes and cardiovascular disease later in life. I eat healthy, am not overweight, exercise regularly, etc, but proinsulin levels were still too high and inflammation was high and a few other things. Plus he said my skin and build clued him in to running the tests...acne, dark splotches, and a few other thigns I don't recall.

I started eating according to diabetic guidelines and i'll be danged if the acne didn't go away, too.

Just food for thought. Cause I didn't know it.

8. crazymama30

Huh, so a low carb and sugar type diet?

9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Yeah. I wasn't aware but this guys says sugar is an inflammatory, too. When I don't stick to about 130g carbs a day, even tho I'm not diabetic, I have markers for RA, too, that go away when I stay under the 130g. USDA recommends about 300g or so carbs a day, but that's apparently just too much for me.

Never in my life had anyone suggested that and it has really made a world of difference.