Actually kinda glad we are alone for the holiday this year.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's nice to just have our little nuclear family of five for the holiday today. I always feel so harried and rushed when we have a housefull of extended family (many of which are difficult child's in their own right), and I don't really get time to relax at all. It ends up a very stressful and exhausting day for me.

Today, however, I got the bird in the oven by 9:30am and now I can continue to lounge in my PJ's sipping coffee, watch the ball games, chat with the kids and husband, look at online ads, and just enjoy the day without having to "entertain."

My depression feels a little better this morning since I took an extra 1/2 tab of my medications. I'm thinking it may need to be a permanent adjustment, based on how icky I've been feeling and how much better I feel right now.

Have a great day, everyone!

M

ML

right on gcvmom. I'm so happy to hear that you have the chance to enjoy your day and that you're feeling good.

DammitJanet

Glad you are feeling more at ease gcv. I sat back today on Corys couch and just looked on in somewhat of an utter amazement myself. It was sort of like looking at a Kodak commercial. If Jamie had only been there it would have been perfect. As it was, Jamie was on the phone and Cory and Billy were passing the phone between them as they talked to him IN CORYS KITCHEN! I would have never thought that a possibility just a few years ago.

I always get a tear in my eyes when I watch my three boys together now.

trinityroyal

Gcv, Janet, it sounds like you both are having a wonderful holiday.

I'm in total agreement...sometimes it's just nice to have a quiet, low-key holiday instead of all the hoopla. This year for Canadian Thanksgiving, husband and I, Little easy child and the babies just skipped the whole thing.

The extended family was driving themselves (and me) crazy, trying to plan thanksgiving celebrations around everyone's schedule. It ended up with a bunch of them deciding that we could have it all at our house and inviting themselves over. I didn't do anything, just stopped replying to the e-mail thread. Eventually they stopped all the nonsense and went ahead without us, as I had originally requested. Whew! It was one of the best Thanksgiving days ever, in part because I was giving thanks for not having to deal with a house full of family, the cooking, the mess, difficult child behaviour, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Trinity

tiredmommy

It was just us three today and it was g-l-o-r-i-o-u-s! Absolutely no pressure! I cooked and puttered, husband hung the outdoor Christmas lights and Duckie lounged. I've been in pj's all day. We're about to have pie with a cup of tea.

Very relaxing.