ADHD and bed wetting?

N

nandz

difficult child has always seem to have trouble with bed wetting since he was diagnosed about a year ago. He is in kindergarten now and having accidents at school. Is this common for ADHD kids? Any advice?

BusynMember

It's common with boys, period. But some medications can cause it. My son used to pee every night when he was on Lithium. Once he went off of it, he never did it again.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jett had an issue with Concerta - when on it, he would not only wet the bed, but would pee in corners of his room, the middle of it, the hall... The middle of the bathroom. It was horrible. But not since he quit taking it.

T

thunder

My daughter was diagnosed ADD-Inattentive type two years ago, just started medications last year. She was a bed wetter until last year, before she started taking medications. Also a sleep walker. She still will have an occasional accident if she is overly tired. doctor said bed wetting can be hereditary. Her dad was a wetter until his teenage years. Some kids are bedwetters, some aren't.

H

HaoZi

Just remember, if there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't be making those Pull-Ups or GoodNights (can't recall exact brand name) in the sizes they do. So I'd say it's not an uncommon issue in kids in general.

bby31288

I don't know if it is due to medications or not either, but I will say my difficult child will be 18 on Halloween. Some nights she still wets the bed. I have actually had the wonderful opportunity of sleeping with her while this happened. I have to tell you, she was in such a deep sleep she didn't even feel it. Didn't move. I woke me, she was sound asleep. Sometimes I think bed wetters just go into such a sound sleep they just don't feel the urge and wake up.