adoption gone wrong

buddy

Oh Shari, that is so sad. I am glad you have your little guy now though. (dont be ashamed, you were being responsible and did what you had to do). I know there are not any answers.... but I wonder if a guy did ever do that....go to court and try to prevent a termination... would then you be able to say--- OK, then you have to start NOW paying...X amount each month, you have to pay all medical bills during the pregnancy, you have to have custody at least 50% of the time, whatever works for the mom. I still think that in those cases, and like the one that started the post.... if there is a disagreement then the bio parents need to have a home study just like the adoptive parents do (Not because the adoptive parents do, the bio parents always should have first right to keep their child of course as long as they are not neglectful or abusive just like anyone) but to help support the child's best interest. Then, if a bio father really does want their child for the right reasons (to raise them as a full parent) or if the bio mom is right (and they are not in a position to raise a child) the social worker can help sort that out and make recommendations. It is the children who are suffering here. It is sad what happened to the potential adoptive parents, unfortunately that is a risk we take (much like the risk of miscarriage and death in birth with bio parents, it is a huge loss) as adoptive parents. But, the important thing here is that hte child is left with a situation where "the father is not in a position to raise a child" yet he can insist that a girl who admits she is not in a poisition to do so either MUST raise the child??? That is just wrong and of course baby is at risk. Hopefully they are good people in a bad situation and they will pull it off. Could always be that bio mom also just used bio dad as an excuse to keep the baby. one never knows the full story unless they are in the room when people are making the decisions.