advice needed...sibling sexual abuse??

W

worriedmummy

Thank you..Im so glad I found this forum..

I spoke with my Doctor yesterday and she phoned Social Services. I left 4 calls yesterday and still they did not get back to me..EVENTUALLY they rang..twice in the space of an hour (only because my doctor gave them a kick up the butt!)

I spoke with the Social Worker on the phone and she said it is probably just curiosity..and suggested a 'colouring book' on good touch, bad touch for my son.. HE IS 8! NOT 4! He knows that private area's are exactly that..She also suggested I talk with him and as him why etc..totally contradicting the last lady I spoke with..

Oh dear, its so confusing..I have a feeling that I am taking this far more seriously than either the doctor or Social Services

The socal services want to do a home visit and talk with each of us indavidually, but not until next Tuesday..

Its wearing me down..im a single parent..even just not being able to leave them in a room together while I cook, tidy, go to the toilet etc is proving hard..I can see my son is very confused and sad and im not providing him with the support he needs as im still so hurt and confused myself..

I have NO money to take this privatly and find a therapist..I think the only was is if we are refered.. So I guess I will just have to wait until Tuesday..

BusynMember

Another vote for talking openly about gender identity issues. Sounds like he thinks he would be better off a girl. I'm not sure you can do anything about it, but I'd tell the back story to a very knowledgeable psychologist (I'd look for one who deals with sexual stuff and gender identity issues). Good luck, whatever you decide to do. You have your hands full. I'm so sorry.